Zach Arnett reportedly to Mississippi State

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Zach Arnett reportedly to Mississippi State
    ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jan 22, 2020
    Pete Thamel reporting that Mississippi State and Mike Leach are expected to hire Zach Arnett away from Syracuse. Arnett was the defensive coordinator at San Diego State and seen as a potential candidate at USC. Arnett was hired by Syracuse on Jan. 11.

At this rate, college programs might want to take a page from the NBA and start offering 10-day contracts to assistants.

2. ICEnEC

ICEnEC Points Member

Jan 22, 2020
    No offense to the orange or The Pirates new gig but geeeeeeeeezus. Why didn’t we go after this guy??? Already locked in to West Coast recruits. Young and hungry. Runs an attacking D and has proven results. Unfreakinreal.

3. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jan 22, 2020
    Lol. It takes USC 8 weeks to change a light bulb and 4 weeks to peel a stamp.

*This just tells you Arnett was still in play.

4. racea911

racea911 Junior Member

Jan 22, 2020
    Apparently USC doesn't have Mississippi State type money to bring in assistants and hire them away from other programs. We like to take unproven or recently fired coaches that are on no ones radar.

5. Oldschoolrock

Oldschoolrock Junior Member

Jan 22, 2020
    I bet they didn't even talk to him......being a coach for Helton is like dating medusa

6. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 22, 2020

So, we could still hire Aranda away from Baylor, as head coach? ;-)

Oh wait.....Folt & Bohner

TrojanMafia and EDH Trojan like this.
  7. Bilbo

Bilbo Points Member

Jan 22, 2020
    DC for Mike Leach ...let’s see how Arnett does when he is at a talent disadvantage instead of a talent advantage
    Just saying I do not think he was the end all to end all

8. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Jan 22, 2020
    rocky long was the real dc for that team

think rocky seto and pc

TrojanFireHorse12 likes this.
  9. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Jan 22, 2020
    DC for Mike Leach??? That's like Twitter editor for Antonio Brown, a position of great need and importance......unless you ask the guy you're working for.

10. mickhooligan

mickhooligan Active Member

Jan 23, 2020
    Disagree. Not in play for USC. Both those schools offer a little more job security. With Helton on the hot seat again, not much security there.

11. RB4SC

RB4SC Points Member

Jan 23, 2020
    From my PERSPECTIVE, this supports the fact that in College Football right NOW, ones word and handshake and even SIGNED name on a contract mean very little IF there's a "bigger job" or a "fatter paycheck" involved. Whether SC tried to lure him or not, I'm not PRIVILEGED to know, yet the way these coaches are moving from place to place AFTER already taking jobs is much different than it used to be. Graham Harrell was given the "KEYS to the car" and a better than fair raise, and he STILL "had" to at least check-out the Eagles...in years gone by, we wouldn't have seen that type of behavior...coaches showed more loyalty to their words and handshakes. For all those who say, "GH had to interview with the Eagles...those opportunities may not happen again...", I'm convinced if he's able to continue to SHOW his offensive ideas through Slovis and the rest of the SC offense, he'll be getting ANNUAL interviews for various "opportunities"...even if SC loses and everyone is fired. Just a different time and a different mindset...I guess I'll have to get USED to it.

Fight On, FOREVER, Fight On!
    RB4SC