Ykili Ross

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Christian, Aug 26, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    No, that isn't it. There is much you don't know.

It can be offensive because it's meant as offensive. There is no other issue I can think of where people are so adamant about something NOT existing. If you think it doesn't, then move along....no need to call others out for it.

2. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Yeah, i don't need education on how life works in the real world, through Biblical study. It may speak for those, inside the confines of a functioning cult of personality. But i'll let may senses, eyes and common sense determine the everyday. An this is coming from someone, that has a lot of religious family members.

I mean this is the reality of humanity, stubborn to a fault. Once their in, or find it and become indoctrinated in order to fix a piece of them selves or find support. To get in tune to an secret indivisible force or feeling, a contextual thought process that's none to different from people that think the earth's flat at times. It's hard to stop them, from that crusade good or bad.

3. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Confesses? Only Catholics do that and only the most devout. There are plenty of people who have faith and who do not participate in organized religion.

I don't believe you have interacted or spent time around very many people of faith to be able to come to your conclusion.
    I didn't recall that you did. Personally, I prefer those who are able to go beyond just the scripture and understand things from a historical perspective. Denali is pretty amazing.

User1234 likes this.
  4. User1234

User1234 Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    ^^^ WHAT HE SAID ^^^

These were exactly my immediate thoughts. Nothing surprising about this outcome. Good to excise a cancer sooner than later, lest it spread throughout the body. So major props to the coaching staff for handling this the right way. not making too big a deal out of it but being effective about it.

5. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Funny because I was referring to, "we're on planet in space and that's it." That isn't necessarily limited to faith and religion.

And you see how defensive you got over a benign comment? Perhaps you could then understand why other people may not appreciate your dismissal and misrepresentation of their faith.

6. TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 27, 2018
    See Catholics, Christians, Muslims...etc regardless of the intricacies, within their advent "organized" region.

Regardless of the why, they they plead their sins or speak to their supposed maker. They are simply carrying a crutch to guide them. But luckily the new generation is coming to their own conclusions faster, with more support and resources, instead of being forced. To the point of a bubble brusting, like the previous generation that spawned the hippie era.

7. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    He did make those comments on the other site. He softened some after his daughter decided to experiment with going to church.

8. TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 27, 2018
    Well i was making a general statement. When i put down that point, not an attack or abjection, so it didn't matter the comment you made. Also i understand why people may not appreciate my "dismissal" of their faith (they can do what the hell they want). But that's why i avoid them, because most of the time it's pointless and their usually of the older generation.

9. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Interesting.

10. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    So you subscribe to the belief of being a good person and that's all you need? Does belittling someone's Belief make you a good person?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  11. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    This is minor. Dont over react

12. TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 27, 2018
    I don't subscribe to anything, anyone can be good or evil. To me someone's belief doesn't deserve respect just because, i have to respect them first and foremost, the culture implication of course not withstanding.

Then we more on with that process, but make no bones.

I don't like cult minded religions folk, that spit scripture at every turn to prove a point. When they can talk without biblical jestering.

13. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    I never softened, I don’t know what you are talking about.
    IMO, believing in a space god is the same as believing in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus. That is how I feel. But it isn’t an insult unless you take it personally, which is a you problem, not a me problem.
    Once again, if your faith is that strong, why would it matter what myself or anyone else thinks? Christians have faced much worse over the millennia than someone scoffing at their beliefs. I have to believe anyone who would be upset about it is really just questioning the strength of their convictions and their own faith.

14. TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 27, 2018
    Pretty much, but it think it's that "lost sheep" mentality that implores them to have a strong reaction. In order to convince "the lost sheep" to conform or understand. Without taking much in themselves, like it should be.

A two way street, that's why their were great halls of debate and discover in many cultures to figure things out. Instead of virtual and mental entrapment. Though i would never and "save' someone from those beliefs, as long as it's within a sane spectrum of thought and action. That doesn't muck up personal relationships.

It's part of the reason there's been so many religious wars. In the context of tribalism.

But we're way off topic now. So peace!!

15. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Denali is wickid pon de scriptures. He is one of those I was talking about

uscvball likes this.
  16. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Gotta love militant atheists. Always with the belittling . Weak insecure minds.

17. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    There is no arguing with the Bill Maher's of the World. I suspect that "Religulous" sits prominently in your DVD library at home.

18. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Absolutely! It’s all you need. Do No Harm. That’s all you need to follow.

Once again, I have never belittled anyone’s beliefs. I have always respected anyone’s right to believe whatever it is that helps them get through their life.

The fact that I consider belief in a space God is irrational and unsupportable by logic is not an insult, unless you take it as one. If your belief and faith ore strong, I don’t see how you could take it as an insult.

19. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 27, 2018
    There is no lost sheep mentality. I have no interest in whether you conform or understand, that's on you. Personally, for SOME folks like you (blem excluded), I find your need to belittle or name-call to be a result of fear and lashing out at that which you don't understand or aren't called to participate in. See how that works?

I'll say it again, there is no other topic of discussion where NOT believing in something is done so vociferously. If you don't believe, then move on. Simple. When you feel the need to call out "believers" it moves in to the realm of personal and the question is.....why do it?

20. TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 27, 2018
    Sure buddy.

You do you, i mean the fact that you think that these are belittling or me name-calling to be part of the problem. Just know that these things aren't not an extension of you and if it is? then it's really no different form a drug. Because the truth is "believers' aren't "special" and they shouldn't be untouchable due to fact that, they believe in something.

But don't worry no one's gonna take your book. Though some would love to take other's....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018