WoT Water Polo in the Natty today

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by uscvball, May 12, 2019.

1. WoT Water Polo in the Natty today
    uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

May 12, 2019
    After a 10-8 OT win over kal, USC advances to the championship today against furd....at furd. 3pm. Fight On ladies!

2. MediaCapital

MediaCapital Member

May 12, 2019
    Good effort, but not enough. Was the turning point Hauschild’s third exclusion and subsequent penalty shot?
    Longan is the only critical player graduating, so women’s Water Polo will have another great shot next year.

Now we’re down to the two golf teams as the only hope for a national championship.

3. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

May 13, 2019
    The turning point was the lopsided calls the whole game. 3 penalty shots for the Furd (free goals in water polo) to zero for SC. Still can't figure why these games are not played at neutral sites. When the natty is on the line, it should never be played at the site of one of the schools.

4. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

May 13, 2019
    We're still in it for Women's Track and Field.
    Well, we hosted last year and won it then, our 3rd time as host. Furd has hosted 5 times. I'm not sure how they could pick a neutral site when you don't know who's going to be in the final unless you pick a non-affiliated location but then who would go?

The next 3 years it will be in Stockton, then ucla, then Ann Arbor. I'd say there's a decent chance ucla will be in the mix a few years from now.

5. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

May 13, 2019
    I guess venue's are limited - especially since the top programs are west coast. I have more of a problem with 3 penalty shots to zero awarded by the zebras.