Worst 25 point victory of all time

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by uscmule, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Worst 25 point victory of all time
    uscmule

uscmule Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    ... according to twitter.

My favorite quote last night from Steve Mason. We really are crappy fan base.

(Mason made that statement facetiously with respect to the high level of expectations from the Trojan fans).

2. AnnenbergGrad

AnnenbergGrad Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Who is Steve Mason and why do we care?

3. SCBIGTIME

SCBIGTIME Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    While it's unrealistic to expect USC to look like the epic 2004 Trojan team every single season, at least USC has a tradition of greatness that gives our fans a reason to have lofty expectations. We still probably have a few too many bitter fair weather fans in their final throes before switching sides to throw their support behind Westwood high.

The problem in switching allegiance, baby blue fans can't really justify their lofty expectations based on their 'tradition'.

4. TrojanHoarse

TrojanHoarse Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    His real name is Steve Michonski and he does the Trojan pregame show on 710 as well as the Mason and Ireland Show. That being said he's a super front runner that for some reason keeps landing plum sports jobs despite nothing special about him. He also does the Dodgers' pregame show on TWS. I'll chalk up that tweet to simple Twitter muck racking.

5. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    He made a generous donation to the match Pat Haden Autism fund raiser the different USC boards ran recently... that makes him a pretty good guy in my eyes... I don't know his work since I am not in LA.

6. uscmule

uscmule Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Sorry guys, I forget sarcasm does not come across well in print.
    Mason made that statement facetiously with respect to the high level of expectations from the Trojan fans.

7. SCLarry

SCLarry Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Sports radio announcer. Been around a long time. Kind of a fixture. He was just trying to be cute. As per singer June Christy (Stan Kenton), "I should care, I should let it upset me?" As the Bard would say, "Much ado about nothing."

8. Alpha 66

Alpha 66 Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    "Win any way you can."--Leo Durocher

9. gotrojans1

gotrojans1 Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    i think the point a lot of trojan fans seem to miss is that they are lucky to follow a team where the expectation is to win, not only win but when we play a team that they feel are not as good that we should win by 50 and it should be easy

we are a good team but we are not in a situation where we win easily all the time, even florida state are not

we have a coach in his first season and we are meant to be in a down period with the depth and so on, a win by any means should be celebrated and the players should be proud of ANY win

if usc win this season its great, who cares how, the offense will start flowing and the defense are good enough to win us games like they did saturday, we are recruiting really well and the future down the line looks good!

10. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I enjoyed the win Saturday

11. bubblescreens

bubblescreens Banned

Sep 28, 2014
    Absolutely true.

This fan base has unrealistic expectations of a team with depth issues and starting Freshman on the OL. This isn't a Pete Carroll team.

Sorry, folks.

12. SDTroy

SDTroy Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Correct Bubble, correct ..It's like an NFL team playing with about 39 players.
    Some of you guys also complained in excess during the Pete Carrolol y.s when we won 85 % of the time!
    Stop and enjoy the moment!

13. FightOnUSC

FightOnUSC Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Steve Mason is awesome. I don't live in LA but I make a point to listen to Mason & Ireland whenever I can. He's just about the biggest USC apologist in the media you'll find who isn't an alum. Knowing the quote was from him makes me crack up.

14. USCTroyanos!

USCTroyanos! Junior Member

Sep 28, 2014
    He's one of my favorite sports radio guys, and he's really good on the pregame. He's also on Fox 11 news sometimes, and even the morning show.