Women's LAX -big game Wednesday

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by Sam Bam, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Women's LAX -big game Wednesday
    Sam Bam

Sam Bam Junior Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Boston College coming to town. Beat USC in the national quarterfinal last year on their way to the championship game. BC heading in with a 7-0 record including a couple of big wins against ND and Navy. USC 2-2 after a very tough road trip. But also a win at ND and Va Tech.

Should be a great game.

Disclaimer my niece plays for BC. Family first. Both teams will be there at tourney time.

2. Sam Bam

Sam Bam Junior Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Kind of feel I should write a recap.

EDIT: Final score BC 13 - USC 12 (OT) - what kind of idiot writes a recap and leaves the score out.

It was an outstanding defensive game. Back and forth. The largest margin at any point was two goals The Trojans defense is their strength and they played well. Kept BC 5 goals below their average so far this year. BC has an outstanding offense and a leading candidate to be player of the year in Sam Apuzzo. USC kept her in check to a degree as she scored 3 goals, below her average of 5 this season.

The loss leaves the Trojans at 2-3. Two of the losses were to Stony Brook and BC, teams ranked #1 and #2 in the country. If the Trojans play well against the PAC-12 ( initial season for the league by the way) and win most of those games they will be in the tourney again. They have 11 games before the conference championship . I say 10 wins is very likely to happen. The defense is so good. Then having played these tough teams will be great prep for the NCAA's

My niece played for BC - below her average minutes for the year - but she really didn't expect to play as much due to the Trojans strength. It was fun to see the athlete she has become.

PS - it really is hard to write a post not referring to USC as "us".

3. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Mar 7, 2018
    man I kept refreshing the twitter feed and was so excited when it was 12-11 with a minute to go. If they continue to play tough and have some bounces in the tourney they can make a deep run.

4. Sam Bam

Sam Bam Junior Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Definitely think they can make it back to the quarters or farther with some good work and luck.