With 10 -2 Season Possible Helton Would Stay Put

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by conquest4ever81, Sep 29, 2019.

1. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Sep 29, 2019
    No one is buying your book.

2. Sedan De'Ville

Sedan De'Ville Points Member

Sep 29, 2019
    I think the ND game is going to go the same as the 2017 game. Brian Kelly gets a 2-TD lead and then looks to destroy us.

Merlin4SC and gubo&palanka like this.
  3. TrojanDrive

TrojanDrive Junior Member

Sep 29, 2019
    10-2? Helton has lost 2 of his last 3 games. The likelihood of a 7 game win streak to finish the season isn't great even with the schedule easing in the 2nd half of the season. Helton will figure out a way to play down to the competition.

Thus far, GH's version of Air Raid hasn't struck me as innovative or creative. In fact our offense is predictable. BYU and UW defended it using similar tactics. They loaded up in coverage to take away passing game because they wanted us to prove our RBs and QB could make them pay on the ground. They dared us to run with 3 man fronts. We got good yardage but the ground game wasn't part of sustained scoring drives. 212 yards rushing but 14 points?

A true Air Raid attack should have much more variety. Where is the quick slant? Jet sweep? Where is the tempo? Where is the burner RB?

You can't just have the Air Raid name.

You need to have the right personnel in the right roles running the right plays. Face it, none of our QBs truly fit an Air Raid system. They are not athletic enough to scare defenses with their feet in the mold of Manziel, Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Mahomes etc. Darnold was the only QB at USC in the last 10 years that was athletic enough to have run Air Raid at a high level.

We may have a new name for our offense but reality is our offense is still behind the times. It's like someone stole a Ferrari hood emblem then stuck it on a Miata.

USC is an Air Raid fraud. Helton and company just sold that bullsh*t to the fan base to get them excited for something new to blur the reality that crappy Helton is still our coach.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  4. 101Coast

101Coast Points Member

Sep 29, 2019
    OK, here, I've put it together for you guys; tarmac and sunshine...

[​IMG]

5. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Ditto.

GLYCERINE likes this.
  6. Arhedge

Arhedge Junior Member

Sep 29, 2019
    This is fun.

Last week we got the “but if Clay finishes with one loss” posts.

This week we get the “but if Clay finishes with two losses” posts.

Next week we’ll get the “but if Clay finishes with three losses” posts.

I can’t wait to see how far Clay Helton apologists are going to take this line of thinking. Will we get all the way to five? Because I’m pretty sure five losses is in the cards this year.

OC2SC, uscjrl98, Trojans2015 and 3 others like this.
  7. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Sep 29, 2019
    the 6 excuses:

1 loss: we're still in the hunt for the national title
    2 losses: we can still make a new year's day bowl
    3 losses: we can still win the division and Rose Bowl
    4 losses: we can still get the Holiday Bowl
    5 losses: at least we're not ucla
    6 losses: you can follow ucla if you don't like this coach

OC2SC, uscjrl98, August West and 6 others like this.
  8. MiketoBush61

MiketoBush61 Points Member

Sep 29, 2019
    NO. If USC really does a search for a qualified, competent, and, professional AD with a track record, his demand will be that he gets to fire the current Ad & bring in his own man. The tenure of an AD at a major school is tied to the head football coach. Now, a crappy AD who is happy to get the job won't make any demands. But, if USC actually cares and brings in a real AD...Helton's gone and there's no other way for that to go down. 10-2 will not matter...unless they bring in a clown...

9. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Sep 30, 2019
    I can't believe the August West of the green board would post something like this....unless he's trolling. He knows that..1) USC will not finish 10-2, and 2) USC does not have what it takes under Clay to win a NC.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  10. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Sep 30, 2019
    With Helton in charge, I would gladly settle for 7-5. I can't understand how anyone not strung out on meth could defend this ignorant, incompetent fool.

OC2SC and uscjrl98 like this.
  11. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Sep 30, 2019
    So many of these posters who are rabid to remove Helton and quick to condemn anyone who dares to dispute his mid season termination and label them as trolls are simply ridiculous. I will say right now at the end of last season I wanted Helton fired. The 5-7 season was unacceptable. It did not happen. So then what? Time to move forward. Unlike Kiffin CCH is not a PR nightmare. Unlike Sark he is not a substance abuser on the job. The true immature crazies on this board are the ones chanting "tarmac" and wanting him fired midseason. Some want him gone if he finishes at 8-4. There is no way he will be fired midseason and if he finishes with 4 losses it is unlikely he will be terminated. That is the reality.

12. Arthur Jury

Arthur Jury Points Member

Sep 30, 2019
    OP should have taken Dean Wormer's advice.. "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son".

13. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Sep 30, 2019
    I like how you adjust your prediction to 8-4 from 10-2.

Also a new AD would want his own guy and not take the heat for retaining a coach that has clearly peaked.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  14. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 30, 2019
    The hell he isn't. He's on every single "coaching hot seat" list out there. How does that work for recruiting? Is there any wonder that we are struggling to keep west coast kids, even backyard kids, from leaving the state?

And then you have the post-game pressers. They have become a satirical nightmare. Who can't predict what he's going to say at this point?

And last year's cringe-worthy, "he's the love of my life" comment. Dude is a modern-day Barney Fife. That's the closest I'll get to calling him a name but if you don't see the issues, you have serious blinders on.

racea911, OC2SC, uscjrl98 and 4 others like this.
  15. SCBirnkrant81

SCBirnkrant81 Junior Member

Sep 30, 2019
    A National Championship team doesn't miss tackles, turns over the ball or is penalized regularly and often in critical situations. We have all seen NC teams and frankly this team doesn't look or play anything close to a contender. A second-tier coach will only produce a second-tier team, one like the one we have seen on the field in the past few years...and a NC under Helton is as good as a PIPE DREAM.

16. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Sep 30, 2019
    The next thread you start isnt to agitate and be a contrarian will be your first.

That’s why you are a troll.

We get it you think helton is a great coach. The vast majority disagrees with you.

17. KnightsWhoSayNi

KnightsWhoSayNi Junior Member

Sep 30, 2019
    SC should strike a deal with Memphis...

Helton, cash, and two Players via Transfer Portal

For Mike Norvell

18. August West

August West Points Member

Sep 30, 2019
    LOL!
    It’s an honest question!

19. Cardinal&Gold