Why right republicans like the electoral college?

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by Bartner, Sep 18, 2020.

2. Ricky Bell 42

Ricky Bell 42 Junior Member

Sep 19, 2020
    Do you take drugs to be this stupid or are you naturally so?

3. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 19, 2020
    California originally used the Federal formula for government with the Legislature representation based on population and the Senate given 2 seats per county. The Senate was later changed to representation based on population and with that change went any chance for balance of power. We now have one party control of both the Senate and the Legislature which has been the case for years. Just Look at the mess the State is in.

SoCalN8tiv likes this.
  4. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 19, 2020
    I have been working from home at our ranch in Montana since March. We had our mail forwarded up here. The Orange County registrar of voters sent me a card seeking to verify whether I changed my address. I was going to return it saying no, but I’m thinking of registering to vote in Montana. My wife already has. My Republican vote does not count in CA and I don’t even get a Republican option in some cases. Here in MT, Republican Senator Steve Danes is in a tight race with Democrat Governor Bullock to defend his Senate seat. My vote would matter here in MT.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  5. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Sep 19, 2020
    I sent a donation to help Danes out. I also sent a donation to 'Super' Joe Collins to help remove Mad Maxine Waters.

6. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Sep 19, 2020
    It is remarkable how stupid you are and you do not realize it. That is scary and dangerous.
    [​IMG]

7. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Sep 20, 2020
    Well, and because they hate the idea of people with unalienable rights who they can't control.

As for Bartner... he's just doing a drive-by. It's an inadequacy thing. Happens whenever he gets a look at himself in the mirror without clothes.

DJ4SC and SCBIGTIME like this.
  8. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Sep 20, 2020
    Here is what you libs don’t understand about the country that protects you from harm and gives you the highest standard of living on the earth: America was designed to change very very slowly. Imagine a gigantic aircraft carrier, wonderfully designed and built, being nudged by the tiniest tugboat.

The electoral college insures( or assures) that change will be very incremental. That is a good thing, a very good thing, Crazy assed leftist ideas ( and there are a damn shload of them nowadays) struggle to gain traction so 90% of them die on the vine. Good ideas will have a chance, but crazy fades away.

9. Trojan YAF

Trojan YAF Points Member

Sep 20, 2020
    I would like to see electoral colleges established at state level. California is dominated by its coastal cities. In Oregon, Portland controls the whole state. In Nevada, voters in only two counties, Clark and Washoe, decide who sits in the state house and who represents the state in the US Senate. If these states had electoral colleges, voters in Glenn County, Calif., Klamath County, Ore. and Nye County, Nev. would have a bigger say in who runs their states.

TroyBill likes this.
  10. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Sep 20, 2020
    The whole reason why the electoral college was formed so that there was equal representation and smaller populations would not get bulldozed by large population areas. In these places and in WA state (King County) they get whatever they want and everyone else in the state pays for it. The people on the west side and counties south of Seattle really have no say. In our country the dems want control desperately and feel that like in the age of King Arthur..."Might makes right". It is essentially a mob mentality.

Trojan YAF and CrownoftheValley like this.
  11. SCBIGTIME

SCBIGTIME Junior Member

Sep 20, 2020
    We like the electoral college because we revere liberty and despise tyranny. We despise all forms of tyranny, whether it's tyranny of the executive branch, tyranny of the legislative branch or tyranny of the masses. Our rights, the Bill of Rights and natural rights mean more than what any person or group desires to impose on others.

12. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 20, 2020
    Thank you for the donation to Danes. I know
    my wife has made several donations to Danes campaign.

13. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 20, 2020
    California originally followed the Federal government with the Legislature based on population and the Senate given two seats per county. The Senate was later changed by a court case to be based on population like the Legislature. That eliminated any chance for balance in power which resulted in the current mess in California.

The leftists are always trying to figure out a way to increase their power while cheating Americans. Check out this recent article from the Leftist “The Atlantic” rag:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/579172/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    DJ4SC and 901 Club like this.