Why did Harrell refuse post game interviews?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by BeatND2019, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Why did Harrell refuse post game interviews?
    BeatND2019

BeatND2019 Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Graham Harrell leaves stadium after game without talking to press? Mad that Helton interfered with play calling or only likes saying "I told you so" after victories? Man up Harrell, be the Dominator. Wear the belt.

ConquerorSC likes this.

2. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Must be pissed about something, perhaps his play calling was being overruled? That could very well be true from what we saw in this game.

3. Arthur Jury

Arthur Jury Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Don't be surprised if we hear about a rift in the next few weeks, is Helton's ego so large that he couldn't stand the O success v. Stanford that he took over with his stupid East Kentucky play calling ?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  4. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    If Helton over ruled GH’s original calls( Aren’t there any investigative sports reporters left in LA to ferret this out?), Helton should be canned before tomorrow’s sunrise services.
    Fired with malice.

5. AJSCFAN

AJSCFAN Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I don't know if this is true but I said the same thing, the way the plays were being called looks like De Javu. I was searching for some Harrell post games interview to see what happened in the game but couldn't find any. If he bolted without interviews, something happened that he didn't like, I would imagine. Too easy to give your assessment of the game. Just like last year went Helton supposedly took over play calling for Tee and the offense didn't look different at all but had gotten worse, imo.

6. jerald grossman

jerald grossman Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I think that Helton called the plays in the second half, and Harrell did not like it at all, he was pissed about it. If this continues USC will not win many games no matter who is quarterbacking.

7. SonofGodzilla

SonofGodzilla Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Hey Graham . How many touches did Velus get on offense ? Come on man.

Also did anyone pull Kedon aside in ot and calm him down, tell him a score or even a first down is not needed. That pic was on 3rd down and looked like a desperation, 4th down game over attempt.

Any ways , the difference was qb as it always is in football.

Kedon Fight on. Your first road game as a freshman against a well coached team. You will build on this.

Remember , his H.S team was lousy and i doubt he ever played before a crowd of a few hundred.

Cardinal&Gold and gubo&palanka like this.
  8. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Please, I would pick the kettle corn concessionaire over Helton

9. RealTrojan78

RealTrojan78 Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Helton was running scared the whole game. His blood pressure has been up since Daddy Swann got canned. He knows he is going to be held accountable. He panicked and did not let Harrell run the offense after the rookie mistakes. Once we started playing Clay ball we were doomed.

10. tenku

tenku Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Holy crap, I think I posted this 5 times already on 5 different threads. Anybody with half a brain can see that Helton overruled the plays that Harrell called. Harrell is in the booth so he can only communicate via headset. The communication through headsets gets cut off after a certain amount of time so the only way Slovis can get the plays is by looking at the sideline. Helton gets the final say in what play is being ran based on what the defensive look is. BYU baited Helton into calling run plays into the gap and it worked over and over and over again. Hence why I called Helton an idiot. You guys really think Graham Harrell would run the ball on 1st and 2nd down in OT when he's all about the air raid and QB? WHY WOULD YOU PLAY THAT CONSERVATIVE WHEN YOUR DEFENSE ALREADY FORCED THE FIELD GOAL? The whole point of the Air Raid is to take shots through the air and overwhelm your opponents by making them defend all over the field.

11. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    OK, lets say Helton called the plays in the second half and we ran Gumbo instead of air raid. But do we even practice these plays?

12. tenku

tenku Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    They practice normal RPO to run through the gaps. In the Air Raid, if the defense is abandoning the run defense to play pass coverage, then the QB hands the ball off to the RB to run through the "obvious" gap. Defenses that have gone up against the Air Raid will disguise their coverage and try to bait the offense into running into the "obvious" gap and the 5 in the box will collapse to that gap. That's exactly what BYU did and it worked because Helton was stubborn as hell in signalling in run whenever Slovis looked to the sidelines. It's not a freakin Air Raid when your head coach decides to not attack the air on 1st and 2nd down when you are behind and trying to win the game.

13. tenku

tenku Junior Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Not if he made a statement and said, "I signed up being told that I would be in charge of the play calls and that I would have to the final say, but that wasn't what I got."