When are Asian Americans going to wake up?

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by flyfishintrojan, Sep 18, 2020.

1. When are Asian Americans going to wake up?
    flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Sep 18, 2020
    All this “ dumbing down” of American education is inadvertently but no less directly aimed at them, yet they vote Democrat mostly.

How nuts is that? There was a quip by a UCalifornia regent awhile back that said “We have to take race into account for admissions or the UC schools would be 97% Asian and 3% Jewish based on grades and testing.”

2. August West

August West Points Member

Sep 18, 2020
    ....at the same time the Jews do

Gimmedats despise the Jews, ignore the Asians, yet both vote Left. Makes no sense.

3. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Sep 18, 2020
    Beat me to it.
    The DNC is decidedly anti-Semitic but yet.... really odd to me.

CFB Fan and August West like this.
  4. BehindSunset

BehindSunset Junior Member

Sep 18, 2020
    Here in Minnesota we have a very large Somali (Muslim) population that votes Dem. I’m sure they support gay marriage, trans rights and abortion, right? They sell their principals out for free handouts. Strange bedfellows indeed.

5. August West

Sep 18, 2020
    You can thank bathhouse Barry for that

Troianus Acies and CFB Fan like this.
  6. Trojan YAF

Trojan YAF Points Member

Sep 18, 2020
    The gimmiedat mentality is alien to the Asian mindset. Americans who come from just about all Asian ethnicities and cultures tend to be entrepreneurial, hard-working and goal-oriented. That should make them natural Trump supporters. So if you're reading this and you're Asian, we would like to welcome you aboard the Trump train!

7. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Sep 18, 2020
    I'm told (by an Asian--a sample size of one)--that (1) they are used to being submissive to a big government, and (2) the supposed hostility to immigrants resonates with them.

As I said, just quoting one guy, but he's Asian and I'm not, so...

You could say the same thing about blacks & Hispanics. Both are culturally conservative and religious, but...

8. reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Sep 18, 2020
    "Asians" are not a monolithic block. They come from different countries with different backgrounds; the ones that came to the US because of political turmoil are more likely to vote for Trump. Sadly, those who had an easier time coming in and the young Asians educated here tend to gravitate more towards the democrats. I am not sure about those who came from China; many became rich under the CCP so I am not sure where their loyalties lie.

Speaking of China, here is an interesting opinion piece from the NYT:

Trump Is Wrong About TikTok. China’s Plans Are Much More Sinister.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/opinion/tiktok-china-strategy.html

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  9. ca4usc

ca4usc Junior Member

Sep 18, 2020
    How are Jews not Asians? Same continent......
    My granpa told me "We're Blackfoot, not like those Injuns down south!" He's where I get my racism from I think. Butttt they're still Injuns/Native I guess. JAJAJA

10. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Sep 19, 2020
    While it is fine to talk about how specific demographics tend to vote, it is presumptuous, perhaps even condescending, to tell people how they "should" vote based on race, gender, ethnicity or religion. The whole point of conservatism is the value of the individual. White (European descent) people do not adhere to one ideology, so why should blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Jews, Catholics etc be pigeon-holed into one party or the other? Again, I'm not talking about trends. It is perfectly reasonable to discuss why Trump is faring better with Hispanics (particularly in Florida with a Cuban population) or why he is doing poorly with women. But no one should presume to tell a group that they aren't voting in their best interest. I have no idea why Asians, as a general demographic, vote democrat. As I recall, that wasn't always the case. Asians tended to vote GOP until the Clinton era. I would guess having the head of the GOP and many of his party faithful referring to a virus as the "Kung Flu" hasn't helped.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  11. Trojan YAF

Trojan YAF Points Member

Sep 19, 2020
    Most Asians, from the Bosporus to the Bering Strait do, indeed live under authoritarian governments.

12. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Sep 19, 2020
    Ya think?

13. August West

Sep 19, 2020
    Most Asians and Jews vote Gimmedat. Fact.
    Gimmedats despise Jews.
    Fact.
    Gimmedats ignore Asians.
    Fact.

Im sorry, did you say something?

Troianus Acies and CFB Fan like this.
  14. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 19, 2020
    We did worse (Japanese internment, took their property) more recently than the end of slavery, yet you never hear on going victimhood or reparations demands from the Japanese Americans.

15. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Sep 19, 2020
    You understand the Japanese Americans were actually given reparations, right?

16. fansincemckay

fansincemckay Points Member

Sep 19, 2020
    I've tried to make that point here a time or two,and it's NOT just asians.This is why I LAUGH AT THOSE ASSHATS IN THE STREETS, NO PITY WHATSOEVER.

August West and CFB Fan like this.
  17. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 19, 2020
    Yes, actual survivors from internment Camps were given $20K. I’d do the same deal with the blacks.

18. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Sep 19, 2020
    You'd do the same for people who were enslaved for generations that the government did for people detained for 3-4 years? And, for the record, I don't necessarily know that reparations are in order for black people. (The government didn't enslave people -- individuals did.) But since you brought up the topic, I'm just noting the disparity.

19. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 19, 2020
    Yes. Read my post very carefully. They provided $20K to living survivors of the Japanese internment. I would be fine providing $20K to living survivors of slavery. None of the currently alive blacks in American are entitled to anything. Not a single one of them had their land or homes taken away from them. Neither I nor my ancestors had anything to do with slavery, as they immigrated to America after slavery was abolished. Finally, it was their fellow conquering tribes in Africa who sold them into slavery in the first place.

August West and 901 Club like this.