What is Frontier's Deal?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Conquest4ever1981, Oct 9, 2016.

1. What is Frontier's Deal?
    Conquest4ever1981

Conquest4ever1981 Junior Member

Oct 9, 2016
    To get the Pac12 Network on Fios one had to pay a ridiculous fee. When USC had games scheduled on that crummy network we were resigned to going to a local sports bar that carried it. In fact for the Utah State game we went to that bar. That night I was channel surfing to catch the bRuin game and to my amazement it appeared Frontier was now carrying the Pac 12 network. I checked in from time to time to make sure this was not a fluke and it definitely appeared that Frontier was carrying the Pac12 Network. Earlier this week we received a notice in the mail that Frontier was carrying Pac12 in our package. Before yesterday's game I turned on the TV and the message was there that Pac12 network was not available. We scrambled missing the first 7 minutes of the game going back to our sports bar. Did anyone else with Frontier have a similar experience with the Colorado game?

2. TouchdownUSC

TouchdownUSC Junior Member

Oct 9, 2016
    I have 3 family members that suffered though the Frontier Fiasco. Based upon the stories they would share at gatherings, absolutely nothing surprises me with Frontier. Hours on the phone; missed days at work waiting for technicians that never showed; unexplained interruptions in services; and customer service personnel totally incapable in providing service. My advice to you is the same to them: Your power is in your dollars and you may have to take them to another provider.. Your frustration is wide spread.

3. mrbug708

mrbug708 Junior Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Frontier worked great for me during the merger. I've even benefited from HBO since then for free and it's still on. The PAC-12 network just went off however and debating how much I want it. I did prep myself to cut the cord until the PAC-12 preview. Gotta decide what I want to do.

4. Globe

Globe Junior Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Frontier added the Pac 12 networks about a month go. They had a free preview at first but now you have to pay for one of their top packages. Cost me an extra $15 a month.

5. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Oct 9, 2016
    I'm on Directv and don't even have the choice, but $15/mo. is absurd. Isn't ESPN $6.00/mo. (built-in, not separate), which would make the Pac-12 Network 2-1/2 times more expensive?

6. sjakek

sjakek Junior Member

Oct 9, 2016
    If you're stuck adding the channel for a whole year, it'd be cheaper to sign up for sling, get the PAC12 add on (a total of $25/mo), and cancel at season's end.