Weekend Disgrace at Stanford

Discussion in 'USC Baseball' started by Trojsteve5, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Weekend Disgrace at Stanford
    Trojsteve5

Trojsteve5 Junior Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Hey the few USC baseball fans out there. The worst weekend conference series most likely of all
    time losing to Stanford by a combined score of 34 to 2 in the three games all losses of course.
    The wildest pitching staff around in the last two seasons with everything from walks to balks.
    Enough said to end Hubbs era as head coach when last game played this season.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    BvB09, Troy70 and gubo&palanka like this.

2. Trojsteve5

Trojsteve5 Junior Member

Mar 25, 2018

3. Jpltrojan

Jpltrojan Junior Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Wow...curious to see how the apparent lackey responds to firing a coach and hiring a new one. Will we have a "national search" followed by the hiring of a volunteer or will we see a real hire? Or, will we see a contract extension?

4. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Mar 26, 2018
    It's clear the Athletic Dept. doesn't really care about Baseball, or Hubbs would have been fired after last seasons pathetic showing.
    My concern is when he is eventually dumped, SC will just promote some assistant, or hire some losing retread, instead of making a real effort to hire a great coach. With 12 National Titles, you would think we are worthy of that type of coach.

Troy70 and gubo&palanka like this.
  5. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Unfortunately, I believe everything in this post is 100% true.

6. twenty twenty

twenty twenty Junior Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Who are these guys masquerading as Trojans? Extremely poor hitting and pitching. Runner picked off in the first on Sunday. Hubbs in his sixth season, one regional in 2015 to show. That's one regional since 2005. The most storied program in the dumps. Florida spending 10 Million on a new stadium, and our fans are eating junk from a food truck.
    We have gone over the demise of the program on this site for years and years. The Stanford series debacle was perhaps the most disheartening I've ever seen....and I've seen it all.

Troy70 and gubo&palanka like this.
  7. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Mar 26, 2018
    stanfurd lost its long-time coach Marquess to retirement. After a brief hiatus, they are right back on top.

The same results should be possible at USC.

The fall of USC baseball is a real disgrace.

8. desertfoxx

desertfoxx Member

Mar 28, 2018
    SC Baseball is a disgrace .. admin and AD do not care .. you cannot look back 50 years and say we should be something ..
    I agree why fire Hubbs and replace him with Hubbs Jr..
    No real vision in athletic department .. pitiful

9. SouthbayTrojan91

Mar 29, 2018
    This is the core of the problem. With scholarship restrictions, etc.. we will never be what we were but the current state is unacceptable and squarely on the AD.

When did we last have an AD that cared?

Troy70 likes this.
  10. BvB09

BvB09 Junior Member

Apr 1, 2018
    It will take more than the head coach. Kids want to know the position coaches are good, as well. No kid with a great arm wants to go to a program with unknown or unproven pitching and hitting coaches.

11. SouthbayTrojan91

Apr 2, 2018
    and another series lost. Unless pitching is phenomenal, we are not winning the games.

12. TrueTrojan

TrueTrojan Junior Member

Apr 8, 2018
    BINGO!

Our BB team is just an afterthought at this point. The university puts more energy and money into women's BB than men's Baseball. It's sad as we were once a powerhouse. When Haden came on he made a quote like "when I was here we had a pretty good baseball team too" and I thought things might change. but they didn't. USC baseball has no prestige with kids anymore, they would rather go to Oregon st. or some other school. The few talented kids we have get tired of losing and jump to MLB after 1 or 2 years.