We Have Talent to Beat Oregon

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by JayBird23, Oct 28, 2019.

1. We Have Talent to Beat Oregon
    JayBird23

JayBird23 Points Member

Oct 28, 2019
    UTAH is a great defensive team but they couldn't stop USC. There is no reason to believe Oregon will be able to stop us.
    WE have talent at the skill positions.

Oregon was lucky to escape with the win against Wazzoo. Now the quacks are thinking playoffs. Give me a break, the PAC is not there yet.

I love Oregon coming in as five point favorites. Our players will be hyped. The Wazzoo game film will provide a road map on how to deal with the Quacks.

It does not matter if you fear a USC win will mean the return of Helton. Your fears will not affect the outcome of the game. You might as well put that out of your mind and just enjoy a great Trojan win.

Oregon hates Los Angeles and specifically USC. They are obsessed with jealousy. We have rivalries with ND and Fucla but don't ever miss the chance to put the hurt on those green and yellow haters.

FIGHT ON!

VM805, LucGomez40 and Cardinal&Gold like this.

2. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Utah had a horrible scheme against USC, they played to stop they run, which they did, and got killed by Pittman over the top. I seriously doubt Oregon will make that mistake. But we do have a better win then they do, and they have racked up a lot of stats over mediocre teams. I think it comes down to Linebacker play

CFB Fan likes this.
  3. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    I don't see this as the same team that beat Utah. If we had Stepp, I think we might have a chance. Oregon has a very good secondary and I think they are better coached. We are still too predictable on offense, and with the injuries, even more so. The Ducks can run the ball and get their playmakers in space, we have had a tough time holding the edge and I think Oregon breaks some long runs. Verdell is the real deal and he is the type of back that gives us problems. Herbert isn't great, but he is good enough. I don't see this game being close, I really hope I'm wrong. On the plus side, I thought ND would crush Michigan, so I'm not always right. Win or lose, I'll drink more booze!!!!!

ConquerorSC likes this.
  4. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Yes and no.

USC with Helton has beaten several teams with coaches that are better than him, including several this year. The question is which USC team will show up.

J4SC75, Cyrus and KANDI11 like this.
  5. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    I’m not concerned as much about them stopping us as I am us stopping them.

BESCFAN, Jay4usc and ConquerorSC like this.
  6. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    I like this post:

UTAH is a great defensive team but they couldn't stop USC. There is no reason to believe Oregon will be able to stop us.

1. Utah played the worst game of their season against USC. The DB's really laid an egg. Why they didn't pull the two main Db's that struggled during the game was a mystery to me. They since have regrouped. (USC played well but UTAH beat themselves) Also Fink connected on a ton of 50/50 balls. I don't see "the chuck and duck" working against the quacks. Oregon has a better group of Db's by far, perhaps the best group in the Pac 12. (Lenoir, McKinley, Graham, Holland) Combined 8 Int's

Oregon was lucky to escape with the win against Wazzoo. Now the quacks are thinking playoffs. Give me a break, the PAC is not there yet.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/play-index/rivals.cgi?request=1&school_id=oregon&opp_id=washington-state

They sure are. Were you aware going into that game. WSU was on a 4 game win streak against Oregon. In fact nobody has played better against them. That's why the fans stormed the field. WSU has been a big thorn in their side.

It does not matter if you fear a USC win will mean the return of Helton. Your fears will not affect the outcome of the game. You might as well put that out of your mind and just enjoy a great Trojan win.

This proves one thing. WSU is the road map to beating Oregon. They won 4 games in a row and narrowly missed winning number 5. Oregon has had a tough time stopping the Air Raid. GH is going to have to throw the ball early and often and score a ton of points.

USC at home and Oregon due for a loss. I've been saying they will choke Cristobal always does. This could be the game.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  7. USCAlumFightOn

USCAlumFightOn Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Stepp barely played against Utah

8. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Oct 28, 2019
    USC also has superior coaching.

images (50).jpeg

9. Conquestluvr

Conquestluvr Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Injuries will keep a 50/50 chance of winning to 80/20 for my most hated team in all of sports.

I predict no more than two of the injured will return this week.

Sure hope I am wrong. Without Uncle Phil and Gates, this would be a mediocre program.

10. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    We have a lot of things but Helton is bad at getting his team prepared for games and Clancy is bipolar.

Plus, Oregon should also have the film on how to beat this SC team, especially if said team repeats not being able to capitalize on a bunch of gift opportunities in the 1st and 2nd quarter to score TD's in the Notre Dame game.

That's the type of play that can't happen and yet, bad habits showed up in the CU game, huge issues that can be and will be exploited. If allowed versus Oregon.

At this point, it's not what about SHOULD BE or what WE have. It's about who's better coached and has the better strategy.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  11. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Oct 28, 2019
    We will need our speedy players and DL to step up big time for this game.

12. JayBird23

JayBird23 Points Member

Oct 28, 2019
    I never said we can stop Oregon from scoring a lot of points. I have them scoring 35. However. I think we can score 38.

13. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    if they score 35, we aren't going to put up equal

Unless there are turnovers.

14. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Yeah...I know.

15. Alvaro Carrillo

Alvaro Carrillo Points Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Any chance to win will depend on being able to stop Verdell and force Herbert to pass. I think Herbert is overrated. Of course Drake Jackson and Hufanga have to play as well.

16. Gilesmiles

Gilesmiles Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Gavin is that you again?