We can kiss off Urban Meyer now....

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Area51Trojan, Nov 5, 2019.

1. We can kiss off Urban Meyer now....
    Area51Trojan

Area51Trojan Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Even if we had a shot why on earth would he want to come to USC? Before he even gets here we have a shit storm, sure some of it is to be expected in this crazy world we live in but he, if he decided he wanted to coach again can go anywhere and be treated like Patton in Paris.

Nope, if anyone can fuck up anything it is USC.

2. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    UM was never never never never going to the USC HC in the first place, what in the world would give you that impression?? The school can't afford a questionable hire of that magnitude even if they wanted too with everything that has occurred from PC to now.

3. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Additionally do you really honestly think that USC would ante up the $$ to pay a coach of UM's stature if this even was a possibility??? are you new to this rodeo?? UM is at least a $5-8mm/yr hire for 4-5 years. So the final vision would be that USC is going to announce that they are spending $40mm to hire UM? LMFAO.. yea sure, that's like banking on a 15 team parlay ticket to pay the mortgage.

You know as well as anyone that USC has never and will never pay top $$ for a coaching hire. No, what they will do is to find a G5 coach or a P5 coordinator that is willing to accept $2mm/yr to be the HC.

Personally I like Norvell (sp?) from Memphis, or PJ Fleck from MN or Franklin or even the guy from Iowa St, but again $$ will play a HUGE role in the level of hire

ConquerorSC likes this.
  4. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    EXCUSE ME!!!!

-- "Tuesday morning, however, brought yet another development, with Scott Wolf"
    of course he would love it if this crap were true!! lets see how FAKE
    this news was.

As to the Beach fan above. Just listen to yourself and the tortured logic you are trying.
    You know damn well no one actually pays a coach that kind of cash, let alone guarantees it.
    These are total compensation plans and bonuses and incentives and if he achieves those
    goals, it would be a small price to pay. I have already made the case that it is a 'no brainer'
    from a revenue standpoint to hire Meyer, and I'm not going to waste my time going through
    the numbers again.

It's just a matter of how serious we are to restoring excellence to our program and your guess
    is based on based clown shows when we did not care.

As for the OP and this thread, you fell for Wolfie Dipshit's crap hook line and sinker.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Troy4 me and SC ForLife like this.
  5. Moose4usc

Moose4usc Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Wow. Just Wow.

I can't see a big name coach like Franklin (who I don't even really want) making a lateral move to the shit storm that is USC right now. Our only hope is to take another chance on an up-and-coming coach like Norvell who would consider this a huge step up.

I'm not even sure Fleck would come at this point.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  6. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    How can you kiss off something you obviously never wanted. If we had wanted Urban, don't you think the administration and B of T would have told Roberts to fire Helton immediately, lock up Urban, and hire an AD Urban could sign off on? The whole Urban to USC story was, is, and always will be, a concoction of some season ticket holders, fans, and sports writers who have nothing better to write about. It never came from the people who do the actual hiring. If it's any consolation, I will hire Urban at whatever salary and conditions he wants to work under as soon as someone at the university gives me the power to do this.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  7. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Robert doesn't have that power as interim

8. AZUSCfan

AZUSCfan Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I hear what you're saying TFH12, but an interim President fired a Dean at the Marshall School of Business and hired a new one. Rules are bent/broken all the time, it just needs to meet the agenda of those pulling the strings.

I do agree with the OP that if this is true, we lost UM before we even had a chance to hire him (presuming he wanted to be here).

Trojack likes this.
  9. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    @Merlin No tortured logic here. I don't know what alternate universe you're living in, but schools DO pay that kind of cash and they DO guarantee it. Im not going to waste my time going through numerous contracts. You can google that for yourself.

To your other point, this is the KEY topic, namely the intent the "powers that be" have regarding their desired state for the football team. If "they" want a championship team, they'll pay, if they don't they won't. It's that simple.

10. TrojanFireHorse12

Nov 5, 2019
    I believe nothing SW or Peter says

ca4usc likes this.
  11. K9Buck

K9Buck Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Google James Franklin and his alleged issues at Vanderbilt.

12. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Roberts has any power the university chooses to give him. Everybody thought Wanda Austin didn't have the power to fire Jim Ellis but she did and her decision was not over-ruled by the B of T. Now, maybe Folt and the B of T told Roberts to shuffle paper as the interim AD, and that is within their purview to do so, but the word "interim" in and of itself does not mean he is powerless.

What seems to be more and more obvious, at least to people who actually "get" the process, is that the decision makers at the university have decided what direction they want to go in and Urban was never part of those plans for whatever reason. People don't have to like it and are free to vote with their pocketbooks but talking about in and of itself isn't likely to change anything.

13. Tusc2000

Tusc2000 Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Once Folt arrived, UM was no longer on the list. Her objective is to clean up the mess, not add to it.

mvpreed2 likes this.
  14. TrojanFireHorse12

Nov 5, 2019
    We don't know at all what they want regardless and Roberts himself made it clear, that he doesn't have the decision power to make the call. They would have to make him official.

Plus an interim President is far different than an interim AD, regardless of who gives them power. It not rare for an interim President to fire someone, especially if its okay'd by BOT. And it was already within their purview.

15. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    It's a good thing we didn't fire Helton right away isn't it.

16. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Since football is Not important at SC anymore Folt will keep Clay,lol. Tried of going to away games to cheer flops. Some long time boosters told me I should just StubHub a game a season.

17. TrojanFireHorse12

Nov 5, 2019
    If they keep on Mr.Fight after watching his team get skull dragged on national television, in the coliseum.

Then that's indeed the case. Might as well forget college football in LA.

18. Fyton82

Fyton82 Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Yeah, he's just irreplaceable

SouthbayTrojan91 likes this.