"We are scared as Black people in America."

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by heyrev, Aug 25, 2020.

1. "We are scared as Black people in America."
    heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Lebron James has spoken publicly--certainly his right. Now that it's public, that statement is open to scrutiny. From my perspective I would not characterize the actions of most people (of any color) stopped or detained by police today as "scared." In fact, most all of these tragic events display resistance. To resist means to oppose or withstand an action. That isn't fear, it is defiance. I will offer that no one can know the deeper motivations that cause an action. But fear most always looks like submission, not opposition. I'm sorry, LeBron, I don't see it like you, nor perhaps do you see the fear that police might experience. You're simplistic view of "scared" victim versus angry policeman doesn't square with me.

2. August West

August West Points Member

Aug 25, 2020
    He’s an uneducated, ignorant, elitist who is stoking the flames of racial divide.

The guy literally has no facts behind his assumptions, and it makes him look even dumber than we already know him to be. Listen to his response to reading a book about MalcomX. It’s embarrassing.

The facts he fails to acknowledge:

1) Blake had an arrest warrant out for him.
    2) Blake resisted arrest.
    3) Blake was tazed
    4) Blake fought and wrestled with 2 officers.
    5) Blake ignored multiple orders by both officers to drop his knife.
    Despite all that....
    6) Blake still went to his vehicle and reached inside.

Actions have consequences, and when you disobey the law, brandish a deadly weapon, resist arrest, fight with the law, there comes a time when your actions will have dire consequences.

3. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Aug 25, 2020

Could well have been a Smollett repeat in the current environment planted by the previous administration! Yeah you...Mr Asshat Biden and your beloved Hussein Obama.

4. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Illuminati pos.

5. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Aug 25, 2020
    You wouldn't have a clue about the historical trauma that Black and Brown people continue to experience. There are many Philando Castiles who not only comply with orders, but politely and proactively tell LEO of all badges and stripes that they legally have a firearm in their possession, only to get blasted anyway.
    The only thing truer than LeBron's words about Black people being terrified of modern slave patrol encounters is that fragile White men (and women) are much more terrified of Black and Brown bodies, thus psychologically making themselves react in unnecessarily violent ways towards peoples that they have already subconsciously/consciously dehumanized.

ScoobyTrojan32 likes this.
  6. fansincemckay

fansincemckay Points Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Nor would YOU obnoxious dimwit, blacks don't need you gay ass soyboys speaking for them instead, get out your well worn knee pads and put your busy busy mouthes to work. Go get that nut juice girls.

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  7. The Mayor of Leah

The Mayor of Leah Points Member

Aug 25, 2020
    The only trauma you've experienced is the nightly regimen of getting your shit pushed in at the bath house, fuckboy.

Lebron is even dumber than you are. He reads and writes on a 6th grade level.

He's so stupid, he doesn't realize that he is in the process of killing the only business that will pay his dumb ass more than minimum wage. He should ask you how hard it is to live on and then shut the fuck up and dribble.....while he still can.

8. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Well, that was dramatic, but I'll play along...
    At the heart of so much dialogue today is gross generalization. Taking one event and broad-brushing an entire people group or ethnicity with a conclusion. Those are rarely, if ever, accurate. Lebron's statement was a classic case. Review it: (1) all blacks are scared of cops, (2) Blake's case proves this, (3) they're scared because cops are racist, (4) cases like Blake's happen "all the time". There's probably more but you get my point. Mind you, none of Blake's tragedy has been adjudicated nor did Lebron have all the information. I will say this, too: Generalizing is the basic tenet of racism. So what does Lebron hope for as a result of his statement? Whatever it is, I doubt he achieves it.

Troianus Acies likes this.
  9. August West

August West Points Member

Aug 25, 2020
    If it wasn’t for basketball, LeCon would be the world’s tallest janitor.

Troianus Acies likes this.
  10. ConquerorSC

Aug 25, 2020
    LOL. You definitely sound like you are scared of Black people! You're the type that just wants to be entertained by having them produce on the field and you don't want to them speaking unless they're spoken to.

That's f'd up, man. You've got serious issues.

11. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Bringing to mind a Jesse Jackson comment from a few years ago,

“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”​

12. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Bringing to mind a Jesse Jackson comment from a few years ago,

“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”​
    [/QUOTE]

Great reference but conquerworm wasn’t born yet.

jjg4sc and Troianus Acies like this.
  13. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Well, there you have it!

The racist President just gave a full exoneration to Jon Ponder.

Troianus Acies and SCBIGTIME like this.
  14. ConquerorSC

Aug 25, 2020
    Sounds like you definitely have issues with Black people and in particular with Black men, as you are oddly bringing their sexuality into the conversation (wtf??). Obsessed with Black men much? You've got issues, dude. LOL.

You're another right winger who is scared of Black people.

15. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Aug 25, 2020

Racist.

16. The Mayor of Leah

The Mayor of Leah Points Member

Aug 25, 2020
    You definitely come across as an uneducated fucking idiot.

Not so much. I prefer the type that produces in real world endeavours that matter.

I'm the type that has zero tolerance for ignorant fucking trolls that bring nothing but small minded ignorance to the discussion.

Unlike you, dipshit, I don't see the pigment of my brother's skin. I do, however, see the content of his character. I'm of the belief that we are all dependent on each other. A chain is only as strong as the weakest link.

Which brings us to my recent decision to give your ignorant ass some attention. After one or two exchanges it has become obvious that my first impression of you was correct.

That's cool, I can accept that.....as long as you understand that I don't place a lot of importance on your opinion.

Why don't you do us both a favor and disappear. That way you don't embarrass yourself further and I won't have to read your mindless, poorly reasoned, racist bullshit.