We are done

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by SCFan82, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    I think Rakocevic is still a bit of a lummox. He does get rebounds but he has a tendency to stand and watch on defense and seems reluctant to leave his feet and go strong to the hoop on offense. As you say, it's hard to imagine a guy that tall missing six-inch shots. He may have potential, not sure.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  2. Rodgarnay51

Dec 22, 2018
    There's no middle ground with Boatwright. He's either really good or not much help at all.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  3. Rodgarnay51

Dec 22, 2018
    He married well too. Outkicked his coverage, as my daughter would say.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  4. Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    To Bennie:
    Please make your shots against FUCLA! That is basically our season and you will make a lot of Trojans fans very happy if you do that. What's up with 0-4 from 3 against a weak opponent and blow out win? Man up dude!

5. RRDub

RRDub Junior Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Not at all. Enfield hired, as an assistant, the father (Mobley) of our #1 recruit in next year's class and his little brother who will be our #1 recruit in the following year's class. I am under the impression that Mobley was an AAU coach and is essentially responsible for bringing in our other commits in next year's epic class as well So, no mistake. Enfield, a year after an NCAA scandal, has hired next year's recruiting class.

6. Alta Loma Trojan

Dec 24, 2018
    There is nothing that CAE does that makes you guys happy? I don't think we've ever had a top 10 or 15 recruiting class and he possibly brings in the #1. It was a smart move by CAE and I give him credit. I'm excited about having the nations top recruits in cardinal and gold and not blue and gold. FB programs hire coaches all the time that can recruit well.

These are real examples of coaches SC wouldn't touch and deserve NO credit:
    Tim Floyd may have been the most promising coach we've had in recent times - but he left in scandal and had to offer a schollie to Lil Romero to get Derozan (maybe costing us Klay Thompson). And I'm not sure how he got OJ Mayo.
    Sean Miller, the only proven top-level Pac12 coach, has no ethics.

7. RRDub

RRDub Junior Member

Dec 26, 2018
    After six years on the job, fielding a team that looks like it has some kind of clue or some kind of direction on the court would be a start towards happiness. Winning the occasional meaningful game would help too. And let's at least be honest about Mobley. He is not a coach "that can recruit well". In fact, he is the father of two blue chip prospects with no recruiting experience at all. Not blaming Enfield for the hire. If he didn't, somebody else would have. In fact, Enfield probably bought himself another year on the job with that hire. But, let's at least be honest about the situation. Without paying Mobley to join the staff, his sons and our out of the blue #1 class would not be sniffing Galen.

8. Alta Loma Trojan

Dec 27, 2018
    His 1st two years were a wash due to the talent he inherited from the previous coach.
    SC was 3-0 against FUCLA in 2015/16.
    SC lost by 4 in the round of 32 (won the 1st game) to the #3 seed in 2016/17. SC has only got past the round of 32 twice in their history.
    SC finished 2nd in the Pac12 last year (12-6) and then got screwed by the NCAA in 2017/18.
    SC won the recruiting battle for Mclaughlin against FUCLA (rarely if ever done).
    They got a few good ones last year (Porter...) without Mobley.
    FUCLA BB is one of the top coaching jobs (SC is not) and they had to settle for Alford. And we will replace CAE with? Is there a plan other than fire the coach and blame the AD? I like to hear one from someone.
    Yes, you can point out opposite facts. But you can with any other school. How many top recruiting classes (every year much higher than ours) has AZ and FUCLA wasted recently? Crooked Sean Miller lost to Buffalo in the 1st round last year with the #1 NBA pick and a lot of talent.
    I'd replace CAE with Coach K in a second. But based on what CAE has done and what is available to replace him with, I'll give him 2 more years.

9. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Even as an Arizona fan, I wouldn’t say Miller is the clear cut top PAC-12 coach.
    Altman has impressed me for a few years now, Alford even sat back and watched UCLA go further in the tournament than Arizona has in the last four years.

So, what makes Miller have no ethics?
    Because if we are talking FBI scandal, add Oregon and USC to that list because nothing that was said about either proven has been backed up by facts.

10. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Coaches get fired everyday. Why is CAE more sacred than CCH? Both are great recruiters and neither coach to the level of the players they recruited because they have no idea what to do except to let them do as they please.

11. Alta Loma Trojan

Dec 27, 2018
    CAE is not more scared than CCH. But the Trojan FB program is miles more scared than Trojan BB. Tradition, Heisman winners, NFL players, NCAA championships, fan support, attendance, national prominence, etc.
    I think CCH should have been fired. Rose Bowls are nice but National Championships are the goal.
    BIG difference with SC BB. The REALISTIC expectations are much much lower and finding a top coach is nearly impossible.