Want to be Trojan

Discussion in 'WeAreSC chat' started by napajackie, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Want to be Trojan
    napajackie

napajackie New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    I'm a huge USC fan. I'm an undergraduate engineering student at the University of North Dakota. Hope I can go to grad school at USC. Can I be considered a Trojan if I only go to grad school there or are true Trojans only undergrads?

2. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jul 20, 2020
    Hi napajackie, this will get more of a reception if you post it in the Trojan Huddle forum: https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?forums/garryps-trojan-huddle.2/

3. jethomme

jethomme Member

Nov 2, 2020

4. jethomme

jethomme Member

Nov 2, 2020
    Are we speaking of a fan base for Trojan athletics, or experiencing the academic aspects of the university? Undergraduates and grads exist who may not be characterized as "True" Trojans. On the other hand, one is a Trojan simply being a student and taking a degree as any other place. One may love the the university in the abstract and its athletics more concretely, however, and these may appropriately be called true Trojans. Cardinal and Gold.

5. jethomme

jethomme Member

Nov 2, 2020
    Add: My mother was a proud graduate of the University of North Dakota, and my maternal grandfather, Edward J. O'Keefe, was among a small group of engineers who built the university's first power plant. My grandfather worked for the university for 50 years. If you ultimately matriculate in USC, welcome! May COVID-19 be over and may you enjoy the glories of sitting in the Memorial Coliseum (it has an additional title) while watching SC re-emerge, as it inevitably will.