Viewing games in Maui

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ladude, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Viewing games in Maui
    ladude

ladude Junior Member

Sep 6, 2019
    I'm gonna be working part-time in Maui until the end of the year. Where are good places to watch Trojan football? When I'm there I live in Wailuku; but Kihei isn't far.

2. Fyton82

Fyton82 Points Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Crazy Cat in Lahaina.

ladude likes this.
  3. ladude

ladude Junior Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Thanks.

4. ladude

ladude Junior Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Having trouble getting a location for Crazy Cat. Is it Cool Cat, by chance?

5. Fyton82

Fyton82 Points Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Oops my bad. Yes it is Cool Cat. On Front St across from the banyan tree. Have lived part time in Maui for 4+ years and you would've have thought I'd know the name by now! Might also try Maui Brewing Co in Kihei. Not sure if they have it there but have watched a few SC games at their Napili/Honokowai location.

ladude likes this.
  6. Cardinalblood

Cardinalblood Junior Member

Sep 6, 2019
    I live Upcountry in Kula and I stay home and watch the games on my own TV with all my doors and windows closed so I don't drive the neighbors crazy with my yelling! There are a few places in Kihei in the triangle where you can watch games. Makawao has the StopWatch. You can drive all the way over to Lahaina if you want but there are places that are much closer to Wailuku.

uscvball likes this.
  7. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Very nice place to find a job. I am envious.

ladude likes this.
  8. ladude

ladude Junior Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Right now Kahului Ale House, Maui Brewing Co in Kihei and What Ales You in Kihei seem to be the top possibilities. Maui Brewing Co has a ton of big screens. What Ales You is owned by a friend of my next door neighbor here in Roseville; and a ukulele player starts at 7:00. Cool Cat is in a fun area; but I'm not sure I want to make the drive. Too bad Mill House doesn't have TVs. It's just a couple of miles from the house I'm leasing. My plane gets in about 12:30 tomorrow; I'll probably decide then.

Cardinalblood likes this.
  9. GSOTrojan

GSOTrojan Junior Member

Sep 6, 2019
    I was known as "Maui Trojan" back in in the day. We used to watch at the Sports Page in Kihei. Not sure if that is even there any more.

ladude, uscvball and Cardinalblood like this.
  10. SC200SC

SC200SC Junior Member

Sep 6, 2019
    They are saying that there is no time delay on 790 am. Perhaps if you have Bluetooth ear piece you can watch even if they don't have the sound up. Which seems to happen to me on Maui way too often.

11. Cardinalblood

Sep 7, 2019
    Yeah! I remember watching a game with you there one time before I moved over here! Good to know you are still around!

12. ladude

ladude Junior Member

Sep 7, 2019
    I recognize your (Maui Trojan’s) old handle, too! Those were fun times!

13. ladude

ladude Junior Member

Sep 7, 2019
    Are you Bob Seagren? I notice you use his pic as an avatar. If not, are you a vaulter?

14. GSOTrojan

GSOTrojan Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Yup, still here. I now live n Greensboro, NC hence the GSOTrojan handle. I recognize your name as well. Where do you live on Maui? I lived in Kihei for 15 years 1999 to 2004, not too far from Wailea.

15. GSOTrojan

GSOTrojan Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    They were fun times. There were a bunch of us original WeAreSC.com posters that got together for the USC/Hawai’i game one year. We all met together at halftime.

16. Cardinalblood

Sep 10, 2019
    I live upcountry in Kula. Off of Omaopio on Piliwale Rd.

GSOTrojan likes this.
  17. ladude

ladude Junior Member

Sep 13, 2019
    So the first place I tried was Maui Brewing Co in Kihei. I thought that they had a whole wall of TVs over the bar; but they just had one at either end, neither of which was tuned to ESPN. I then quickly went to What Ales You. I could have sworn that they had four screens, but they also only had two. Fortunately, one was tuned to the Stanford game and I found a favorable seat just as the network switched away from the other game. The guy next to me was a regular who was responsible for the game being viewed there. Turns out he's from Mater Dei and is only a few years younger than me; and we had a nice conversation about southern CA high school sports. Turns out he works with one of my pole vaulter friends, whom we surprised at Mulligan's after the game. She didn't know I was back on the island yet.

Tomorrow I'm on call; so I have to come into the hospital in the morning. I'll probably head home and watch the game (9:30 am out here) on my pitiful 27" screen since the game is on ABC, which I can get with rabbit ears. Plan B is Kahului Ale House, although it's not my favorite place.

FTFO!
    Beat the Cougars!