[Video] Sam Darnold highlights vs Cal - Every Pass Attempt

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by speedxkills, Nov 3, 2016.

1. [Video] Sam Darnold highlights vs Cal - Every Pass Attempt
    speedxkills

speedxkills Junior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Edited some game footage over the weekend. Just got around to posting it. Here's a "condensed" replay of every pass Darnold made against Cal. I might post more of these in the future if there's enough interest. Feedback welcomed. I tried to shorten it as much as possible while still leaving in some of the commentary and replays.

2. MU5CLE

MU5CLE Junior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Thank you for sharing. Very nice editing. In many cases, I have seen folks actually point a separate camera at the TV screen in their living room or wherever and that type of editing is so distracting. You actually have the feed and then edited it nicely.

Good job!

3. reaLchaZZZy

reaLchaZZZy Junior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Nice.
    Thank you for the effort here SK!

4. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    It was great until the very end. Thanks for sharing.

5. holt7153

holt7153 Junior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Enjoyed it, thanks.

6. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Awesomeness

Although I did notice Darnold can work on his mechanics a bit

Shoots from the hip

7. ecoasttrojan

ecoasttrojan Junior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Love it. Great editing job. There's a tricky balance between including the commentary and cutting to the next pass play to see his throws back to back.

Would you mind sharing your set up for recording the game and getting the footage into a format you're able to edit?

8. AnnenbergGrad

AnnenbergGrad Junior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Pump fake is pretty.

Ball comes out fast.

Thanks for sharing.

9. priam7

priam7 Junior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    The boy can deal....Every kind of pass.....EVERY KIND.....The Pass at about 7:55 to Rogers running to his left and feathering the ball perfectly was a personal favorite.....Anticipation is not to be believed for such a young player.....He really sees the field ...He just gets the passing game and he has great receivers...The quick outs (bubble screens to JuJu are like running plays with the guy already in the open field.....When he runs he is VERY quick...Whatever his time out of the blocks, on the field in the game he can go 10 or 15 yards as quick as a lot of RB's ......Mechanics??? ...ALL QBs work on their mechanics but I'll say this.....He has improved so much since the Summer...His release at first I thought a bit loopy.Not Hogan (of Stanford) loopy but just sort of Hmmm in an otherwise great package of skills......Look how he has quickened his arm speed....He just keeps getting better......Cunningham is very effusive in his praise because you just don't see this kind of skill set and QB maturity in a first year RS Freshmen.......Lets enjoy this folks....I want to see how this plays out...!