Video of protesters blocking freeway and damaging a car

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by Kindred, Jul 4, 2020.

2. VM805

VM805 Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Geezus, smh.

3. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Gruesome sight and sounds. In my opinion, this is why people must never protest on a freeway, especially at night. You're putting your life into a driver or drivers' hands of which you have no idea how experienced of a driver they are. But it's unfair to any motorist, regardless of experience, to expect lighting quick decisions while traveling at freeway speeds; that's a recipe for disaster.

In this particular instance, the car is coming around a blind corner, at night, traveling at high speed; driver's vision of the road is clearly blocked by a white van obscuring the pedestrians that were struck. It looks to me the driver was trying to avoid the pedestrians to the right and swerve around the van on the left at the same time. The lighting doesn't expand to a radius to illuminate the pedestrians who were in the middle of the lane obscured by the van. Why was the van parked across the inside lane? So many things wrong here, but the protestors are the cause of their own tragedy. Stay off the freeways.

4. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jul 4, 2020
    I remember when UCLA students blocked the 405, in 1966, to protest the selection of USC to the 1967 Rose Bowl.

upload_2020-7-4_8-53-36.jpeg

Those were the days.

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  5. Kindred

Kindred Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    IMHO, the two women that got hit, got what was coming (in this case a speeding car) to them for playing on the freeway. I have little doubt their lives will not return to normal for years, if ever, and even less that they look back on this, what with the coming years of pain and physical therapy as not "worth it"! Hopefully though, their idiot friends will look at it as a teachable moment and stop blocking traffic and holding commuters hostage. That said, this is the mayor of Seattles fault for A) not supporting the police officers efforts to enforce the laws, and B) actually encouraging this stuff from woke protesters.

6. August West

August West Points Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Mom always said, don’t play ball in the house.

7. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    While I certainly don’t wish severe injury on anyone, those two are responsible for their own actions. You step in front of a moving vehicle on a freeway, you are putting yourself in grave danger. Common sense just isn’t very common anymore. That’s if there was not an official road closure.

Now, if there was an official road closure and the driver knowingly drove around it, that person is in big trouble. You just can’t do that. I’ve had idiots drive around the fire engine and cones and almost run over patients, EMS personnel, and live power lines.

Update: I’m reading now that this was NOT an official road closure and that it was haphazardly closed off by the protestors themselves (and in a bad place), which they had no right to do. So the protestors are responsible for this.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  8. TrojanMoondoggie

TrojanMoondoggie Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    You asked for it, you got it, Seattle. Wasn't that a Toyota commercial?

These liberals fall into two categories:
    1) they either truly are ignorant
    2) or they aren't ignorant at all, totally calculated, and want to create upheaval in this nation, even though they know what they're spouting is nonsense.

They already support a party that keeps black people down. All for their vote. How do they explain that, while pretending to also be so BLM?

The fact is, you have those who are ignorant and don't see or believe that....and you have those who do see it and vote that way intentionally. Again, the former are just clueless, the latter are disgusting.

So why would you expect any different from these stories coming out of these "protests"?

This country has become so stupid it's beyond belief.

Two things that I called early on:

1) After watching the Memorial Day revelers blamed for that first spike in COVID, I KNEW that after the BLM protests they would find some way to not tie in any new spike to those protests. And sure enough when that spike occurred, not a word. At first. But when the word did finally come out, it was, hmmm, on the side of the protesters. What a surprise! Their "reveling" had nothing to do with this second spike. So says some new article that came out in some, of course, liberal rag.
    That is one damn smart virus. Picking and choosing which groups it wishes to infiltrate, and which it chooses to spare.
    Sadly, when talking to a couple who are friends of mine (liberal as they may be), they were trying to sing the "truths" of that article. After we talked about it, they sent me a picture of protesters wearing masks. I returned with four pictures of protest groups where at least half of them were not wearing masks. Didn't hear back from them on that, of course.
    Emotion and even political narratives/beliefs will never trump facts. No matter how you spin it. What troubled me the most about this dialogue was who this couple is....she's a paramedic/dispatcher, he's a paramedic/fireman.
    That's dangerous when you have front line workers who let their politics overpower the truth. Because the message that newspaper (and this couple) is sending is that it's perfectly fine to congregate in huge numbers, and not only that, we're going to mislead you by showing you one picture that "backs up" our narrative. While leaving out the other pictures that would contradict it.
    The fact that healthcare workers/front line workers like these are pushing this narrative is frightening. Especially if this virus really is as bad as they say it is. They should know better.

2) Now that the BLM people are starting to get pushback, I knew it wouldn't be long before the liberal media would have to find a different way to battle back. I told my friend, I'll bet they start finding poster children from other cultures, ethnic backgrounds and races to "back" the BLM people. They know frustration is building toward blacks because of BLM, so they need to get the pressure off by bringing in other non-white citizens.
    Sure enough, I see an article on line with several Asian citizens holding BLM signs saying it's not only blacks. Of course upon reading the article, there was nary a word of any Asians being shot while resisting arrest. There were no stories of Asians with knees on their necks. Or anything of the sort. It was just "justice for all" narratives.
    I was like....uh huh. I called that one too. They see the pushback and they're now trying to make it about all of "them" against whites.
    The fact is, the liberal blacks and the media that supports them don't want them to take all the heat now. So now it's ALM (Asian Lives Matter), and HLM (Hispanic Lives Matter), whatever.
    The problem with that, doesn't that translate then to all lives matter? And doesn't that go against that narrative that BLM was specifically trying to "accomplish." In fact, don't the BLM people get pissed when they hear "all lives matter." So which is it?

These lib approaches are so predictable. But they're also hypocritical and full of hot air. And they know it. Which makes it even more despicable. When you have a calculated reason for doing what you're doing, even though you know you're not giving the whole story and you're only doing what you're doing to create civil unrest, that is irresponsible, if not revolting.

9. August West

Jul 4, 2020
    There’s a third aspect.... they think the people will cower to them. They believe they can do whatever they like, and since the police are MIA, they are safe.

I think a massive backlash is coming. Towards these Antifags, and sadly towards blacks. There’s only so much BS people will tolerate.

10. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Obviously the car was racist since it was a white car. Is it time to ban all white cars?

SCBIGTIME and Kindred like this.
  11. fansincemckay

fansincemckay Points Member

Jul 4, 2020
    A very WRONG assumption on the part of these super soldiers. 04c12ae1b4840c08b7545cdf1875c7f3b7875263cca10a95e2e276bb47bcd686.png

12. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    They are correct. People, especially politicians, are cowering to them in unprecedented fashion. They are permitting, if not outright encouraging criminal activity, including hate crimes, and innocent people who defend themselves are punished harshly for doing so.

We need someone in power to stand up to them. The President can’t do it alone.

13. 4thamp1

4thamp1 Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Communists believe they have a right to take control of the freeways. Plenty arrogant. They felt empowered by group think without consideration for possible life altering risks. Typical. Again, they recklessly put others' lives at risks. Screw them! I hope the occupants of the vehicle will not be scarred by this.

14. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jul 4, 2020
    He is in jail on two counts of vehicular assault per news.

15. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Looks like he entered a part of the freeway that had been closed by State Patrol.

16. August West

Jul 4, 2020
    The driver should sue for damages to his poor car.

17. reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Jul 4, 2020
    RCW 46.61.522
    Vehicular assault—Penalty.
    (1) A person is guilty of vehicular assault if he or she operates or drives any vehicle:
    (a) In a reckless manner and causes substantial bodily harm to another; or
    (b) While under the influence of intoxicating liquor or any drug, as defined by RCW 46.61.502, and causes substantial bodily harm to another; or
    (c) With disregard for the safety of others and causes substantial bodily harm to another.
    (2) Vehicular assault is a class B felony punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.
    (3) As used in this section, "substantial bodily harm" has the same meaning as in RCW 9A.04.110.

A person driving on the freeway would not normally expect a vehicle blocking the road but he should be driving at a reasonable enough speed that he can stop safely if there is something in the road. From the news reports, the driver was not believed to be under the influence. The vehicles used to block the road were angled in such a way that neither headlights nor tail-lights would have been visible to oncoming traffic and this was around midnight. Sight distance would not have been an issue under good lighting and the video did show the driver swerving to avoid the van; people on the roadway were running (the wrong way!) to get away except for the woman who was hit and carried down the road by the car who actually seemed to be running towards the car. Given these facts, would 901 or Old Scotty or any lawyers on this board, along with a good accident reconstruction expert, be willing to take on the case for the defense? (It probably would have been better if the driver stopped immediately but could he claim he was in fear for his safety because of the crowd?) Just a mental exercise.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/2-people-hit-by-car-on-i-5-in-downtown-seattle-during-protest/

18. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Jul 5, 2020

Marvelous.