USC's Top 10 plays of the 2019 season

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Jun 27, 2020.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Jun 29, 2020
    All good choices. Loved watching the highlight videos.

Slovis is Really good, he is going to be an all time great. Perfect pass to Amon Ra on that 90+ TD pass against ASU.

Stepp’s TD runs against ND and Utah is something that should happen more often. Too bad his attempt to high five Reggie was cut.

I am obviously missing SC football, hope the season happens.

3. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jun 29, 2020
    Couple of plays that just missed out:

Stepp's touchdown run against Notre Dame. He was wrapped up at the three yard line on a second and 1 and wound up scoring a touchdown while still standing.

Talanoa Hufanga's strip-sack against Iowa. He looked like Troy Polamalu with his ability to get around the edge on the quarterback's front side and then had the understanding and ability to swipe the ball away rather than just going for the hit. Had USC recovered the fumble (and the game gone differently) that likely makes the list.

Michael Pittman's catch and run against Colorado. Technically the game-winner for the Trojans, but I went with Vaughns' grab because I think the level of difficulty with the ball placement, catch and staying in bounds was tougher.

Amon-Ra St. Brown's touchdown run against Colorado. USC needed something out of the ground game with everybody banged up and St. Brown got USC on the board by taking a handoff and bouncing off a Colorado defender, then going the rest of the way for a touchdown.

I'm sure there could have been one from the UCLA game, but I remember that game much more as a collection of all the plays rather than any particular ones standing out.

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Jun 29, 2020
    the only play I remember from that game was the long TD pass to London.

5. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jun 29, 2020
    The TD throw to Vaughns was nice.

Isaac Taylor-Stuart’s interception was big in terms of momentum early on but clearly got lost in the blowout.

On the first play of USC’s final drive they got Pittman a quick catch so he could break 100 yards and put four receivers over that mark for the game.

6. Trojan YAF

Trojan YAF Points Member

Jul 1, 2020
    One of the most spectacular plays of 2019 was Fink's pass to Pittman for 77 yards and a touchdown against Utah.