USC's offensive line is making progress and some adjustments

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Apr 20, 2021.

2. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Apr 20, 2021
    It is great to hear Clay2 giving assessment of his own unit rather then having Doege try to explain the OLine situation. Doege needs to stay focused on his own position group. It was also interesting to hear Neilon’s comments on Clay2 preaching physicality. I am sure both Ausmus and Drevno preached the same, especially seeing the results with Alijah Vera Tucker. He posted really great measurables comparable to recent Olinemen. Drevno is a good coach, but he was handicapped coaching under this Air Raid system and that also did not bode well for recruiting as well.
    Clay2 also seems to understand how Dedich is pigeon holed behind Neilon and hopefully he can get his own opportunity rather then having to wait for Neilon to move on. The one kid that seems invisible in all of this is Jason Rodriguez. There is not much said about him. Hopefully it is just an oversight.
    A lot of the blame is focused on Harrell with the schematics of the Air Raid offense, but the reality of the offensive problem falls back to Helton and his prolonged tenure of Uncle Neil. I said back then that he was eroding our offensive program and he would set back our program for many years. I truly believe even Harrell would like to run the ball more, but he sees the reality of the offensive line status. Clay2 is trying to fix that, but both time and talent is handicapping him. Although it does seem that the players are buying into his coaching. Hopefully with both Stiner and his continued positive coaching we hope to see improvement. We already lost one QB, so we have 3 to go!
    Fight On!

dbw021, Rodgarnay51 and Troy70 like this.
  3. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Apr 20, 2021
    Still a Q ?

4. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Apr 20, 2021
    With me it is...same guys, same system, no t-formation.

5. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Apr 20, 2021
    This is great as it means there really are no more excuses

6. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Apr 20, 2021
    I think it'll be a question until we see it in the Stanford game. That might be when we start to get some answers.