USC vs Texas Game Thread

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by GarryP, Sep 16, 2017.

1. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I don't know if people in here are Trojan fans or just bandwagon dudes...
    You can't praise the coaching staff and then turn around and say he's an idiot and we need another HC.

I see no problem with the goal line play. When u have a chance to put away a pesky team u do that.
    Our coaching staff can't be horrible when we beat Stanford and win a Rose Bowl, and be pathetic when we win against Texas.

Our players are young and we are experiencing youth at it's best. We saw them play well against Stanford and win, now we see them play bad against Tx and still win.

Thisis exactly the type of game we would lose in other years...let a team stick around and beat u in the end.
    This coaching staff has these believing that they're indeed winners...and so far that's exactly what they are.

Our Line will play better and so will other facets of our team. This game was a big time let down from the emotional game from last week. It also affected Stanford...they lost to SDSU.

We will be fine.....need to grow LEARN how to be up for all games not just big rivalry games.
    All wins count the same in the end. This one has us at 3-0. That's the only thing that matters.

Fight On !!!!

2. AnnenbergGrad

AnnenbergGrad Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    It's Fight On!

Not whine on.

Great Trojan victory. True heart. Something to build on. Step by step, baby.

3. oajr01

oajr01 Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I'll keep it classy.

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahaha.

Fight On!

4. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    It was a war out there last night. By the end of the game, our front seven was missing Gustin, Green, Houston, and Smith. Yes we have more depth now but they need to grow up in a hurry.

5. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Excellent. Post. Even during the PC years the team would have real. Ugly. Wins

6. SCBirnkrant81

SCBirnkrant81 Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Injuries (DL, OL, TE, etc), dropped/deflected passes, lack of confidence in the kicking game -- which led to a few play calls that I disagreed with -- kept it close. Texas was motivated and their team came prepared to play the fourth ranked team in the nation! Let's not forget that they also averaged better than 40 points coming into this game. Therefore, considering our injuries, Trojan D played a great game! IMO, Offense took advantage of few opportunities and left about 10-14 points on the table. Perhaps a very good and motivated Texas D had something to do with our sloppy play, but at the end, this team showed that it can overcome adversity and play through it for a W! Hope we can recover quickly and prepare for next week. Fight On & beat Cal! I will be there to enjoy it...

7. SCBirnkrant81

SCBirnkrant81 Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Great post!

8. D9Daddy

D9Daddy Points Member

Sep 17, 2017

TX D line completely and decisively dominate the O line - I cannot fathom any of those Trojan O linemen being on scholarship - what a horrible performance. and the Trojan secondary ....... Uggggghhh how many big plays did they give up to a freshman QB on the road - so many I lost count.... 3rd and 20 / 4th and 10 and so on - Marshall is a disaster and can someone please teach these guys how to tackle - Stanford sucks that is not a good win at all - Offensively this team is duct tape and Sam - that O line is horrific - TX D was so much faster - and memo to Clay that is what LB's are supposed to look like- not our slow bad angle busts - Good new A win and a found kicker -