USC vs. Oregon Recruiting Rankings

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by Canyon, Jun 4, 2020.

1. USC vs. Oregon Recruiting Rankings
    Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Presently, USC has a stronger recruiting rankings over Oregon. But, looking over how many top players that are still uncommitted and seeing how they are leaning towards Oregon; it looks like Oregon may have the last laugh at the final rankings. Dam Duckies are getting a lot of the top and higher rated players....

Imagine being a player and having to play as a Duck vs. Trojan. Give me break. How would any player want to play under the nickname Duck or Duckies. Ducks is a sissy nickname. Trojans man that is a strong nickname.

I remember well with the University of Hawaii. For many years UH nickname was Rainbows. It was fitting because the campus is located in Manoa Valley and everyday beautiful Rainbows would appear in the mornings and late afternoons. But, they took a survey with their athletes and everyone said they wished that UH would change their nickname Rainbows.

Well UH administrators listen and changed it to Warriors (much better). The nickname Alii (means warrior in Hawaiian) was mentioned, but due to strong religious backlash, Kahunas (Hawaiian Preist) advised UH do not use Alii. Hawaiians are very superstitious. All the UH athletes loved being known as Warriors over Rainbows....

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Cardinal&Gold likes this.

2. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Jun 4, 2020
    They are killing SC especially with top OL

Cardinal&Gold likes this.
  3. TrojanRider4Life

TrojanRider4Life Junior Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Getting OL Josh Simmons is a must!

4. lakers8605

lakers8605 Junior Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Erik did mention that it was going to be a process. Based on what we have seen so far this staff can recruit. WIN this year and SC will be back to PC days (Crossing my fingers). We have to show OL that they can be developed for those big names to come, I remember a few years back Stanford was the top OL school. With guys like Peat, Walker, etc...

5. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Even though we are USC, it is going to be hard to dethrone the best program in the PAC-12 for the last 2-3 years in one recruiting class.

Coming in 2nd for one year is not that bad of a deal.
    As long as we can show the turnaround on the field, I believe that will spike the interest in more California/West prospects to come to USC.
    Remember that most of these kids were about 3-6 years old when USC was THE premier program in the country!
    Just be patient, we are fine.

CrownoftheValley and LDIABootney like this.
  6. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Jun 4, 2020
    We also have three top dogs that are strongly considering USC. While it looks like Or will land Franklin, Thornton , Davis and perhaps another top player we currently don’t know about, we still in it for Foreman, Calvert, Wiggins . We pull those three we will be rated higher than Or.

It’s really impressive how much we closed in on Or in just one year with a new staff.

We will be fine from this point in . Or is about to lose their reign.

Canyon likes this.
  7. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Jun 5, 2020
    I personally think this is great - battle of the north vs. south.

8. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Jun 5, 2020
    Probably the only realistic way Oregon overtakes USC is if they flip Foreman. They are doing their best to do so. Keep in mind they only have 13 graduating seniors. I'm sure they will be able to free up another half dozen or so scholarships, but I can't see this being a full class of 25 recruits for them. I will say they are doing a great job of pulling quality guys from around the country into the program.

Canyon likes this.
  9. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jun 15, 2020
    I like how you think