USC RB target De'Anthony Gatson sets commitment date coming off of USC visit

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by ErikMcKinney, Jun 13, 2021.

1. USC RB target De'Anthony Gatson sets commitment date coming off of USC visit
    ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jun 13, 2021
    2022 running back De'Anthony Gatson (Newton, Tex./Newton) took an official visit to USC over the weekend and announced on Sunday that he will be making his commitment on June 22.

He took an official visit to Texas on June 4 and has one scheduled to Colorado on June 18.

Running back is an interesting spot for USC. Gatson picked up an offer in March, but USC had a few longtime targets established in five-star backs Raleek Brown (Santa Ana, Calif./Mater Dei) and Gavin Sawchuk (Littleton, Colo./Valor Christian), and four-star prospect Jovantae Barnes (Las Vegas/Desert Pines). All four running backs listed there have been on campus in the past week.

2. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jun 13, 2021
    Running well this season will help get elite players besides help Kedonstay in one piece

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Trojan Man 30 likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jun 13, 2021
    It's interesting. His social media is ALL USC. I feel like he'll be that kid who commits and then down the line if USC gets bigger names, they won't contact him and he'll end up last minute trying to find a place elsewhere.

4. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jun 13, 2021
    Could definitely see this happening. Feels like SC needs something in its pocket at the position, but they can't give up on Raleek Brown/Gavin Sawchuk/Jovantae Barnes out here.

5. Dartmouth

Dartmouth Points Member

Jun 14, 2021
    uscvball said:
    It's interesting. His social media is ALL USC. I feel like he'll be that kid who commits and then down the line if USC gets bigger names, they won't contact him and he'll end up last minute trying to find a place elsewhere.

Could definitely see this happening. Feels like SC needs something in its pocket at the position, but they can't give up on Raleek Brown/Gavin Sawchuk/Jovantae Barnes out here.

Could this be in the cards for Kevin Green also?

Trojan Man 30 likes this.
  6. Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Jun 14, 2021
    I like Gatson a lot. He looks good in his HL films, very good RB. Heck, let's take 3 RB for this class: Sawchuk, Barnes and Gatson = Great RB class. Seen Brown play in game and HL film, he's good, but I like these 3 more...

7. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jun 14, 2021
    I can’t see a 3 RB class in this day and age. Everyone at that quality level wants PT from the get go....and likely sees himself challenging the starter.

Dis. Enchantment. Transfer. Portal.

8. Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Bruddah Qman, Look at the roster's RB numbers, Christon, Campbell, Jountti, Ingram, Malepeai and now Barlow = 5 1/2 (can't really count Jountti) (- 2 1/2) Ingram, Malepeai, Jountti graduation = 3 left. Thus, getting 3 RB in this class brings the numbers back to healthy levels again. I believe our team should carry at least 6 RB's on a yearly basis.

The way Jinks play his RB's 2 to sometimes 3 per game, our RB's will get hurt (wear and tear). We need good RB's in reserve. To solve the problem at RB position we need a new RB coach that plays (rotation) at least 3 to 4 RB's per game; that will solve the RB's ego for play time. C.Jinks is not a good RB coach (not a good teacher) and the problem at the RB position in my opinion.

C.Jinks had a powerful RB in Stepp, did not utilize his power in games. C.Jinks had a 5 star RB in Carr (who had bad running style) and did not correct them. Oh, one more, our very fast, speed RB, Christon hardly plays and not used correctly. C.Jinks had enough time to get our RB's yards, touches, increase team run yd stats and failed. There are too many good RB coaches out there, hope AD Bohn find one soon. Can't depend on C.Helton firing Jinks and finding a more qualified RB coach...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021