USC - BYU Game Thread

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    This teams LB's are a liability. You see the DL flush the QB out of the pocket like they should do and the LB are nowhere to be found. Usually they are the ones to clean up. These poor 300lb dudes are having to chase a smaller guys down from behind. Does Clancy have them in coverage? Where are they?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    SPYDER67 and Troianus Acies like this.
  2. couscfan

couscfan New Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Dr. Folt will make a change. USC needs to pay for the coliseum renovations. May not be this week, but this season. The only problem is that we can’t get top candidates for the ad job will the coaching position follow suit?

3. TrojanCampaign

TrojanCampaign Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    What I'm saying.

We hardly beat Fresno and now people are shocked to lose to a well coached BYU program?

I said it a million times last year. Helton struggles when he can't significantly out-talent the other team.

Utah, Oregon, Washington,and ND are the only teams on our schedule that arguably have as much or better talent and us.

4. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Houston is too busy covering the RB 50 yards downfield with his back to the line of scrimmage. Don't know whether that's on him or Clancy's scheme - but they both suck. It's maddening how many times a QB or RB breaks past the DL and the LBers and DBs have their backs to the play. Might as well be picking daisies.

5. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I call it Heltonism! Last week it was not in play because of our lopsided victory, but it reared it’s ugly head again today!
    Fight On!

Troianus Acies likes this.
  6. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    K.

7. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    At least three times during the game the announcers commented that the team looked gassed by the start of the third quarter. Whether they are wrong or right till begs the question of team physicality and conditioning. You play like you practice.

Also, many times the defense was walking about and not in their set when the ball was hiked by BYU...

Basically, same old same old, result when up against a motivated physical team that plays hard nose football. Instead we see more of the dance and prance to outwit your opponent.

8. Chicagotrojan

Chicagotrojan Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    This is a 5-7 team at best. If only tanking would help. Let’s go get Urban!

9. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    If that's what Zack Wilson can do to us, imagine what Khalil Tate is going to do to us.

10. RealTrojan78

RealTrojan78 Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Yes and it is because the players don’t respect or fear Uncle Clay. You would not see a player do that on a Saban team without realizing he was in major trouble. Its okay with Uncle Clay.

11. RealTrojan78

RealTrojan78 Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I have faith that we will get a new AD that actually holds Clay responsible for his shortcomings. I honestly don’t know which things are his fault but to me it looks like he cannot make in game adjustments and few of his assistants really manage their responsibilities well. I will support the new ADs

12. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Sep 15, 2019
    His shortcomings are that he is a poor coach.

A good man, it seems, a good example of an adult conducting himself in an honorable and professional manner (compared with two of his predecessors) - but ultimately, a below-average coach in just about every aspect of college football head coaching.

Tell me, what is Helton good at?

1. Recruiting? No, not really.
    2. Offense? Nope
    3. Defense? Nope
    4. Special teams? Nope
    5. Game management? Nope
    6. Team discipline? Nope
    7. Schematic advantage? Nope
    8. Physical, hard-nosed teams? Nope
    9. Off-field issues? Okay, maybe here's an area where his teams haven't been campus terrors, and I do not recall any scandals where his players were involved in gangster shit, skipping classes, etc. So maybe there's that.

OCBeachTrojan likes this.
  13. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Sep 15, 2019
    The renewal of beating a dead horse is upon us.

Way to many weird play calls at critical junctures (I cannot help but believe that Helton changed the called play at time outs and on other occasions) ...not using Stepp and insisting on using Carr who was not producing...Lack of physicality...lack of identity and fired up spirit...defensive issues, again,etc, etc, etc'

2 wins 4 losses is the prospectus after the next three games are played. Also, expect that there will be no MILKING motions by opponents hell bent on crushing scores against the once mighty Trojan team.

14. OCBeachTrojan

OCBeachTrojan Points Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Helton Good at:

Looking like a DOUCHE doing his “Milking Motion” with his Man Boobs!

15. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Bright side we get new AD & Coach