USC beats FGCU without Big O; WWLATT (from Rich Ruben)

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by ErikMcKinney, Dec 30, 2019.

2. Conquestluvr

Conquestluvr Junior Member

Dec 30, 2019
    USC does not get national attention because they are USC, which means their minimum tournament resume needs to be higher than the minimum resume acceptable from Oregon, Washington or Arizona.
    USC will need at least 14 conference wins, including the PAC 12 tournament, to make the NCAA field.
    Oregon, Washington, or Arizona can likely make the field with only 11 or 12 wins.

3. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

Dec 31, 2019
    I don't think they need 14. The Pac-12 showed much better this year than the last few in the non-conference - so SOS should be much higher for the conference. I think 12 wins in the Pac gets them into the dance.

4. Cab_jag562

Cab_jag562 Points Member

Dec 31, 2019
    I read somewhere that up to date, Marquette was their lone “Quadrant 1” game for the OOC schedule. Problem is, they obviously looked really bad that game.

If USC can win the majority of their conference games at home & split their road games they will be in GREAT shape to get an at large bid. However, as we all know the P12 this year is a whole lot tougher than it has been in years past.

A few things have to come to fruition in order for USC to compete for the P12 crown - Nick Rackocevic has to keep his composure & just play basketball, Jonah needs to play consistent, Daniel has to continue to hit his perimeter shots (you can see his confidence & timing coming along), Ethan needs to keep progressing as a P12 level point guard + become a threat to score & I can’t stress this enough, BIG O has to stay healthy!

No question in my mind that this team can beat Oregon, Arizona & win on the road in any given night. Should be a good P12 season for our Trojans. Fight on!

5. Christian

Christian Active Member

Jan 1, 2020
    SC has 1 quadrant 1 win so far (LSU). Marquette would have been another quad 1 win. Harvard, @TCU and @Nevada are all quad 2 wins with Temple being a quad 2 loss. The site below shows quadrant win/loss for every team and also calculate a “q score” based off those wins/losses. SC is currently ranked 31st based off that score.

https://bracketresearch.com/team-quadrant-wins-and-losses-tracker/