USC AND MONEY

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Major toor, Nov 17, 2018.

1. USC AND MONEY
    Major toor

Major toor Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    I live 200 hundred miles away from usc. For those of you who are around USC, is money really the issue to bringing in a big name coach? I'm not a business guy, but wouldn't winning at a high level pay for a big time coach itself.

2. desertfoxx

desertfoxx Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Money is an excuse not to pay for a high profile coach not the reason

3. trojan07

trojan07 Junior Member

Nov 17, 2018
    USC loves money and is a master at raking it in... they don't need the money from the football program at this point... its likely that football is more distraction than revenue generator at this point...

4. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    USC is as cheap as an Indian motel owner when it comes to maintenance. It has the money but doesn't want to invest in it.

And that's coming from a brown folk myself.

Troy70 likes this.
  5. Fan Base

Fan Base Junior Member

Nov 17, 2018
    There is plenty of dough. Nakias’ top priority was to beg and badger alumn and others to get to 6B which they achieved, likely in excess. The experts know better than me.

It is shameful that the band and athletics are on their own.

They are only as good as they earn. Football revenue slides, athletics revenue slides. USC in a downward spiral that has the potential to inflict severe damage to the athletic dept. And admin is now relying on Clay Helton to maximize that revenue stream.

Couple that with the failing pac 12 network, game scheduling and bowl revenue, the PAC is becoming conference USA.

Unless drastic changes come in the next couple of years, the only way SC can restore football will be to go indy and do its own television deal. But that is late in the game and requires bold leadership that may never arrive.

Don’t know too much but that is my gut. What do you know?

...and today we unnecessarily lost ground to those cross town. F’n disaster.

Troy70 likes this.