USC 45 BAMA 21. MY EARLY PREDICTION.SC IS BACK AND SO IS RECRUITING

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Major toor, Jun 9, 2020.

2. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2020
    If Drevno can put together a good OL , key factor keeping Keon healthy.

Rodgarnay51 and gubo&palanka like this.
  3. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Jun 9, 2020
    It will be similar to the 1970 game. Stepp will play the Sam Bam role and run over Bama’s defense. OL will protect Slovis. Defense actually tackles. Sark calls a bad game.

SC 38 Bama 17

Rodgarnay51, aimeedee, Jose and 2 others like this.
  4. ICEnEC

ICEnEC Points Member

Jun 9, 2020
    Bryce gets sacked 3 times and gets picked twice. SC 31 red waves 17

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  5. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2020
    I like the way you all think. I believe it will be SC in a squeaker.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  6. VM805

VM805 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2020
    Although I would love to see your prediction come true, I think Saban is going to go with their more experienced QB Mac Jones. Bama has a super talented RB corps which I believe they will rely heavily on to take the pressure off of Jones to make plays in the passing game. If Bryce Young is called upon to come into the game it will only be because Saban gets impatient with Jones and will look for Young to give their offense a spark just like Jalen Hurts did in 2016.

7. The Real LordMo

The Real LordMo Member

Jun 10, 2020
    The talent is there for us in the skill positions. However, I question the line-play especially early season. If the game is a competitive contest then it could provide a tremendous confidence boost. When a young team gets that "Hey Now" moment it could led to a very solid season.
    We might not beat them early but if this team plays up to its potential then we could see The Tide again. That game my friends might have an entirely different outcome.

Rodgarnay51 and Jose like this.
  8. Globe

Globe Junior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    If the OL can step up and protect Slovis and the DL can finally live up to it's potential, then I'd say Bama 47 SC 13.

gubo&palanka and Merlin4SC like this.
  9. Jpltrojan

Jpltrojan Junior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Gotta know it’s some powerful ish. Caused them to forget who our HC is....

10. SGVFlip

SGVFlip Points Member

Jun 10, 2020
    LMAO

RPBSC likes this.
  11. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    You were offered, but your sweet Polly pure-bread attitude would not let you take it

Jose likes this.
  12. 4thamp1

4thamp1 Junior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    To smoke Alabama 45-21 means USC out schemes the Tide on O, D and ST, dominates both sides of the lines and can run the ball when needed on 3rd and 4th and short. I just do not see the OL as being a strength that can manhandle the Tide DL.
    What I hope to see is the coaching changes bring a new enthusiasm that was missing on defense and is reflected in total sacks, QB pressures, TFL's and turnovers. I'm on my fourth cup of coffee and predict USC 28 Alabama 24.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  13. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Some people here need a reality check. Yes, we have made big improvements to our coaching staff. But Gomer is still the head coach.
    Him going up vs. Saban puts us at a tremendous disadvantage.

14. 023lenlen

023lenlen Senior Member

Jun 11, 2020
    No, its more like Harrell vs Golding, Sark vs Orlando, and Snyder vs Banks. I like all of those match ups.

zitorocks and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  15. TrojanMafia

TrojanMafia New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Love the confidence but remember....clay Helton is still the head coach

gubo&palanka and Merlin4SC like this.
  16. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Jun 11, 2020
    If we do everything right and have some good luck, we might sneak up to within 10-13 points of them, but that likelihood is pretty damn small, new staff members on both sides notwithstanding. But the more likely outcome of course, is that our guys are not used to the new system on D and we still don't have the O line to convert on 3rd down enough. So, it would be beating the odds to get within 20 points of them this year. Oh yeah, and that's if the new staff forces Gomer to get off his stupid ass and allow us to PRACTICE with hustle and contact - something he has so far refused to do.

17. Major toor

Major toor Points Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Trust me on this one. Sc will beat bama. Bamas run was finished with thrashing from Clemson. Saban is burned out on bama and bama is burned out on saban. There's losses you don't recover from. Just like I think sc never recovered from the loss to Stanford when it was ranked number one. Stanford's defense just beat sc down. Sc had Barkley woods Lee and other blue chip players.

18. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Alabama didn't take this game because they were worried about losing. Saban sparred with USC once and said book them again. SEC is notorious for choosing it's early non league opponents wisely. Urban Myer said the same thing. I think he sees a physicality gap.

I use to box when I was younger. When you get hit in the face by someone with unusual power and he hits harder than anyone you ever matched up with you say to yourself "I never want to get in the ring with that guy again". Not now, not later, not never. Reality sets in. Saban didn't get that feeling the first game. Otherwise he would be playing San Jose State that weekend.

USC will be a very good team. Likely 10 wins but Alabama is salty from losing to LSU and Auburn down
    the stretch. I feel sorry for the first two teams they play. They are going to unload. Not to mention they signed another amazing recruiting class (4 five stars) number 2 in the Nation. This same USC team had trouble with physical teams last season losing to Iowa, ND, Oregon. They have to turn that corner and prove they can slug it out with a SEC team something they have not done in years.

Too many questions marks. This game will not have anything to do with Bryce Young or Bama's offense, they will score enough to win and their defense will probably get a couple of scores to widen the gap. It's going to be all about the defense. Alabama's bread and butter against a team with a brand new DC making his debut. Have to worry about break downs. Something you can't have in this game. On offense can Slovis handle the pass rush? Can the WR's get separation? Last time Bama's DB shut them down completely. I think they had 1 deep completion early and shut down 2 QB's. They ran wild on everyone else.

If this were played week 4 or 5 I would say USC has a shot. I think Orlando is going to need a few games to settle in that's only fair to him.

I won't predict a score. I'll just say Alabama wins and is never threatened.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020