Urban not ruling out 2020

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Troy70, Sep 12, 2019.

1. woohit42

woohit42 Junior Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Your statement is inconsistent. First, I've heard Shelley Meyer speak about the abuse as told to her by Smith's wife. There's no way in hell that Urban didn't know even if it was from his wife. Secondly, a restraining order requires proof of abuse in a court of law in order to be issued.

TrojanFireHorse12 likes this.
  2. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Sep 13, 2019
    In fairness, very few of us are

3. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Interesting take on Meyer while Helton is still coach. Helton may well have turned this team around and with 4 more wins could be in NC discussions. I'm game for discussing Meyer but only after Helton is gone.

Troken and TrojanFireHorse12 like this.
  4. K9Buck

K9Buck Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    You're wrong on both.

5. K9Buck

K9Buck Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    How is Urban a "total sleazeball"? Did your boyfriend have a crush on him and make you jealous?

6. Ojaitrojan

Ojaitrojan Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I think that objectively speaking, the blotter reports fro UM coached programs is significantly different from most other programs. And that's with UM covering up for his players. If you're going to run a shady program I'd at least like the competency to have a proper cover up. If Saban and Dabo are covering for their players they've proven to be far superior to UM in this regard. I'd prefer a coach that graduates players and wins, but if I can't have that, at least let's not have the football team become the most arrested group in South Central.

7. trojan raul

trojan raul Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    If Helton doesn't make the cut, you hire Meyer. Let's be real, the guy is not going to bring SC down with all the shade you guys are pontificating. All the wringing of hands, acts of moral turpitude, he's such a baaaaad guy. He knows he's gonna be under a microscope at SC...give me a break.

8. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    There is no way Meyer is ever going to be hired by SC. He is scandal plagued. The very last thing this school needs right now is to bring someone in who has his track record. We have enough problems along those lines without compounding them.

9. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Just one example to James Wilson, telling him God wants him to stay a gator when the kid obviously hated the program and wanted to transfer. He had already previously pulled that crap when Wilson originally committed to SC. Disgusting slimy shit that Meyer became known for. Great coach low character. There were more coverups with Florida than the CIA KGB, Catholic Church and Clinton’s combined,

TheRealAirbns, DJ4SC and Troken like this.
  10. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Yeah, sure!

11. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Not only would Meyer not be interested in those gigs, but both schools have a lot of dough tied up in the losers they have. Neither have a lot of rich donors who will help out either. Same nationally.

12. bell

bell Points Member

Sep 14, 2019
    YEAH, AND WE ALL THOUGHT...

Phil Jackson was going to turn New York around and quickly too.
    New Orleans thought Ditka would bring his Chicago winning ways to NO.
    Chip Kelly would have brought his Oregon days to Westwood.
    Petersen would have made UDub a national power.
    J. Robinson, in his second coming, would make Trojans forget the Hackett days.
    Bill Walsh, after a hall of fame career with the 49'ers, would elevate Stanford.
    Brett Favre was the one player Minnesota needed to win the Super Bowl.

And I might as well add, Pate Carroll was going to single handedly transform LA into a bruin football town.

All these played out and we all know how they ended.

The fact is that nobody knows. He could well come here and flop. I don't understand this fascination with the man for the life of me. Suppose (AND I HOPE NOT) he dies, does that mean there's nobody in the universe who can change things at USC, assuming Helton's not the man? As someone else has pointed out here and as I've always believed, a successful coach is a current assistant waiting for an opportunity - you just have to find him (or her). Players make the coach, not the other way round. And that goes for Saban, too - I've never seen a great coach without great players. If my memory serves me right, Meyer's only won two championships and one was the one he would never have had a chance at had Carroll's team not blown it against UCLA.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  13. K9Buck

K9Buck Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Can you provide an example of Urban running a "shady" program at Ohio State and for "covering" for his players?

14. K9Buck

K9Buck Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    That's ancient history. Urban was at Ohio State for 7 years. What wrongdoing did Urban commit there?

15. K9Buck

K9Buck Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Scandal-plagued? Urban was the target of lies and smears. To give them any validity is unjust. You might as well claim that Trump is unelectable because he conspired with Putin to steal the 2016 election. That's how stupid it is.

16. K9Buck

K9Buck Active Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Urban did NOTHING wrong at Ohio State. An accusation was lodged against one of his former assistants and then "me too" radicals, abetted by the radical leftists at ESPN, began spewing lies that Urban "protected" and "enabled" his assistant in spite of ZERO evidence.

Now, if some want to complain about what he did or didn't do in Gainesville 10+ years ago then ho ahead, but what he's done in Columbus over the past 8 years is what should be relevant.

17. TrojanHorse

Sep 14, 2019
    Who is behind this heinous conspiracy?

And were they after him personally? Or were they really just trying to take Ohio State down?

18. woohit42

woohit42 Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    How am I wrong?

I heard the Shelley Meyers tape. Was she lying?

You stated that Smith violated a restraining order. Why was a RO in place if he'd done nothing wrong? As I stated before, you have to prove abuse in court to even have an order issued.

I understand that you liked him as a coac . What I don't understand is your insistence that, despite the facts, you defend his moral character.

19. TrojanHorse

Sep 14, 2019
    Everybody was lying. Only Urban was telling the truth.

woohit42 likes this.