University of Texas - Sensitive topic- LONG

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by BeachFAN, Mar 7, 2021.

1. University of Texas - Sensitive topic- LONG
    BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Please read this before responding. Keep in mind it's 2021 not 1721...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/emails-show-texas-donors-threatened-to-stop-supporting-university-over-eyes-of-texas-controversy/

I find this state of mind horrifying, yet weirdly 100% predictable and authentic after living in Texas the past 2 years and after surviving the recent weather event where it was literally everyman for himself.

My question is/would be to any University of Texas recruits and/or commits and current players that aren't Caucasian is "how can you continue to consider a commitment or participation with the University of Texas as an athlete when you're forced to accept a philosophy of blatant and outward racism?"

Personally Im shocked and disgusted and angry and pissed off and about 50 other emotions from reading that garbage. The overt racism I see in Texas is beyond incredible and disgusting. Anyone thinking of moving here that's not Caucasian or that isn't racist should think twice. You thing I'm kidding? The very first "joke" I was told after moving here from So Cal due to work issues, was... "You know what they call (insert degrotary term for african americans) in Plano don't ya? they are Plain ol' (degrogatory term for african americans)".

I was standing in a group with 5 other white guys who were all chuckling. Several were 6'5 250, so what am I going to do? I just stood there not laughing figuring out who to punch first, then I figured some were packing guns and I wasn't so what's the point. Im still pissed off two years later and not friends with any of those douche bags.

I'd be shocked if this hasn't already been brought up in discussions with potential recruits but how in the "F" could you (the athlete) be ok with this state of mind when there are hundreds of other options? OR is the thought, EVERY school is the same, should we actually respect Texas alums for at least stating this? (if this is the case Im again sick and pissed off and angry). While there is entire other issue of Sarkisaian accepting this job with the tacit understanding and approval of this behavior, I don't care about him.

Maybe this is too heavy of a topic to cover on this board. I don't know. Thoughts?

2. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    As a follow up.. why the F hasn't this been mentioned before now on this board? Has anyone every taken a DNA test? you do realize that we're literally from the same tribe right? It's about time this board discuss this as well.

3. Wolfpack4SC

Wolfpack4SC Points Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Black Lives Matter has to be the biggest scam I’ve seen and it’s amazing how blind and frightened people are of confronting this fraudulent organization that has done nothing positive for the advancement of black people outside their organization.

4. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    It has been discussed.

5. Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander Points Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Difficult to use it against Texas because most of their recruits live there

Could help in California but ultimately everyone thinks differently. Could change the opinion of one recruit but doesn't mean it will change the opinion of them all.

6. KnightsWhoSayNi

KnightsWhoSayNi Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Sports was always a great diversion, a welcomed escape, from politics and societal problems, a unifying force in a way, if only for a fleeting moment until we all retreat back to the real world. Those were the days.

7. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    What's been discussed? the overt racism from University of Texas boosters? really? please send me the links from this board.

8. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    umm, I didn't bring up the BLM movement. I brought up a specific incident from the University of Texas and their boosters. How about you stay on topic and don't pivot. Thoughts? Assuming you're not a Caucasian person, would you support UT athletics at this juncture? if yes, why?

9. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    So you're saying that all recruits that aren't white simply outwardly accept the fact that every school is overtly racist against them?

10. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    interesting that NO ONE has actually answered my direct question yet. All have danced around the issue without directly responding.

11. Innocent Bystander

Mar 7, 2021
    I don't see your end game here
    1) Is it recruiting
    2) Do you deeply care about these issues

If it is recruiting like I said this has been already tried.
    School like Texas was segregated. Didn't stop blacks from going there once the doors were opened

If it is because you deeply care about the issue

Should start at home
    Let's not act like racism doesn't exist here in California.

12. Wolfpack4SC

Wolfpack4SC Points Member

Mar 7, 2021
    this whole issue was made an issue because BLM said it was (that is in the first or second sentence). I am so sick of that organization that I completely lost interest in reading any further. Did seeing BLM support for this movement make you believe it was really racist or did you actually do your own investigation of the matter?

13. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Nice pivot IB. kudos to you on the attempt. Odd that you don't appear to be the least bit offended, upset, appalled, etc by the letters from the UT boosters. The only thing you want to know or care about is my "end game". Of course you decide to proceed in freely using the degrogatory term "blacks" in your response. Amazing.

My "end game" is to bring awareness to the overt racism of the boosters of the University of Texas and to read the responses of fellow Trojan alums. You mention that racism exists in California, Los Angeles is larger than many states, let alone a state of 44,000,000 people, so Im sure some sort of racism occurs.

The main point I want to hear coming from you is your ascertain that overt racism is occurring within the USC FB program today and that we're all fools if we don't believe and accept this? Is this what you're alluding to?

14. IETrojanFan

IETrojanFan Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Can you show me the proof that
    1 what you posted is indeed fact
    2 and that it’s every school
    3 that’s overtly racist
    4 against every non-white

Troianus Acies likes this.
  15. Innocent Bystander

Mar 7, 2021
    Boosters are individuals who all think differently.

If you want to start making sure boosters think a certain way it is a dangerous precedent.

I am sure as we have already witnessed we have closet racist who donate money to USC

16. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Wait.. You think that the issue at UT was only brought up by the BLM movement? have you ever listened to the lyrics and learned about the origins of that song? Maybe Im late to the party because I could have given less than two shits about Texas let alone UT football before moving here two years ago but the song is ridiculas and the time has long since passed for it to be retired. Making kids stand and support the song is one of the stupidest things I've ever read/seen in 2021.

Here is a link to learn more: https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/ut-austin-eyes-of-texas-song-racist/.

So to answer your question, it's 2021 amigo.

17. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    It's obvious you're not offended. Thanks for clarifying.

18. Innocent Bystander

Mar 7, 2021
    Offended?

The opinion of a couple of boosters at Texas doesn't make a difference to me.

19. Innocent Bystander

Mar 7, 2021
    The other major university in Texas has a Statue of a man nicknamed the Gallant Negro Killer.

I don't know how one can be offended and shock because this stuff is well known.

20. Trojnfn4

Trojnfn4 Junior Member

Mar 7, 2021
    This is no doubt a sensitive issue on all sides. But money has and always will talk. The thing is, if you get rid of "The Eyes of Texas" then you will also have to get rid of the second verse "Texas Fight". That verse has the same lyrics and music as The Eyes of Texas, but at a faster tempo.
    The school president and the Board of Regents need to either get rid of both songs right now or keep them.