UCSB to Omaha! Checketts to SC?

Discussion in 'USC Baseball' started by FirstampLastPost, Jun 12, 2016.

1. UCSB to Omaha! Checketts to SC?
    FirstampLastPost

FirstampLastPost Junior Member

Jun 12, 2016
    C'mon Mr. Swann, be ready to make the move. SC is up against Casey, Horton, Savage, Johnson, and Smith in the conference. If you don't make the move, Texas, Alabama or Stanford will. 1 tourney appearance in the last 11 years--that's it! Meanwhile, during that same time period, Dallas Baptist has gone to 5 regionals and 1 super; Coastal Carolina has gone to 10 regionals and 3 supers; Louisiana-Lafayette to 6 regionals and 2 supers; East Carolina to 7 regionals and 2 supers; Pepperdine to 5 regionals and 1 super and the list goes on and on. What serious baseball program would let itself become consistently worse over a decade than the Dallas Baptist and ULL's of the college baseball world?

2. Buzzie4usc

Buzzie4usc Junior Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Checketts will be gone soon to a "name" program. He has done great things at UCSB! For whatever reason, coaching, players or chemistry, we under achieved this season. Hopefully next year is better with our current staff.

3. 2007trojan

2007trojan Junior Member

Jun 13, 2016
    We have the right coach. And he just got a contract extension last year, so he isn't going anywhere. The team did slightly underachieve this year, but we had a ton of injury problems. We'll be getting our 2 star pitchers back next year healthy and ready to go, plus, some field guys who didn't get drafted. They'll be back in the playoffs next year for sure

4. FirstampLastPost

FirstampLastPost Junior Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback--it is sincerely appreciated though I think it only serves to confirm the current mentality of the fanbase and certainly the administration towards the program. Injuries this year; in 2014, we wuz robbed--no way Stanford gets in over us; in 2013, well hey, it was his first year as coach; and the one year we just make the tourney results in a contract extension. Meanwhile, in a few days I will be in Omaha in section 104 rooting for yet another Big West team content, just like the fans and administration, with the thought that we have the right coach.

Sorry, Mr Tirebiter, with all due respect I must say the what is iconic changes with time. Just as the UCLA basketball uniforms are no longer the most iconic, so it is with the SC baseball hat. One title since the 1970's will do that to a program. The most iconic hat now is in purple and gold as much as I hate to admit it.