Trump's anti-Semitic comments.....so say Jewish groups

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by uscvball, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Trump's anti-Semitic comments.....so say Jewish groups
    uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    "Trump complained that some Jews "don't love Israel enough" and that "the Jewish state has never had a better friend in office than your president." He also said "a lot of you are in the real estate business, because I know you very well.".....You're brutal killers. Not nice people at all, but you have to vote for me, you have no choice,"

Some said Trump was essentially suggesting that American-Jews should also necessarily be supportive of Israel and the government's right-wing policies, which played into the anti-Semitic "dual-loyalty" trope often used to attack Jews in the U.S. and other countries."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jewish-groups-blast-trumps-anti-semitic-remarks-warning-they-could-have-deadly-consequences/ar-BBXX365?li=BBnbcA1

Well, that didn't go over very well. He gave the speech to the Israeli American Council's National Summit. A very specific audience but still, not the best way to earn votes.

2. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    I never understood why American Jews as a group are so liberal. My buddy calls the Israelis warriors and the American Jews "oven walkers". Needless to say being half Jewish, this ain't me.

3. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Perhaps because they were an “out” group for so long?

fssca51 likes this.
  4. fssca51

fssca51 Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    There's some truth in what Trump said. Considering the long history of difficulties in acquiring and holding on to a homeland one would think World Jewwry would hold their "Promised Land" dear and be united in efforts to sustain it. American Jews seem to be disloyal in that regard, supporting Prog/Lib elements which by and large are anti-Zionist. Very baffling to me.

Troianus Acies likes this.
  5. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    whether or not Trump's comments are anti-semitic, (and there is no evidence that he is an anti-semite), there is iron in his words, for all to see. If American Jews are supportive of the state of Israel, their support for demorats is insane. It is traditional that they support demorats, who have taken that for granted....and have done very little to reward that blind loyalty.

6. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    yeah... speaking of a few who actually ARE ANTI-SEMITES...Baked potato-nosed Tlaib would love to do a few favors for American Jews.

7. August West

August West Points Member

Dec 8, 2019
    It didn’t go over well because no matter what the guy says, people are going to whine about it.

But the fact is, a lot of Jews here aren’t supportive enough of Israel, and Trump is the most Pro-Israel POTUS ever.

8. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    There may be truth in what everyone has said. However.....it doesn't address this comment, "You're brutal killers. Not nice people at all." Tough to defend such a comment regardless of how American Jews may feel about Israel.

sctrojan2006 likes this.
  9. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    It seems the brutal killer statement was in the context of business dealings of American Jews. That as businessmen they're brutal killers. I may be incorrect but that's how I read it.

10. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    That’s how I took it also and why I made the comment I did.

11. SC200SC

SC200SC Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    I have thought on this over the years. I think it is a combination. But one I think that is important was the pogrom situation primarily in Russia.
    The big show for my family was 1492 Spain. Most got away to Greece, Bulgaria, and Turkey. Then to the USA. We pretty much missed the holocaust. (Baruch HaShem).
    I think it all goes family experience shaping politics. Trump is not as good as Golda in reshaping common sense towards Israel. But he has been a great friend to Israel.

12. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019

That’s exactly what he meant. He stated that a number of times during his campaign and about dealing with others as well such as the Chinese, Saudis, etc

Troianus Acies and SoCalN8tiv like this.
  13. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    I have a hard time reading it Amy other way.
    I was confused why the speech was considered anti jew by anyone until I read that interpretation of that line.

SoCalN8tiv likes this.
  14. August West

August West Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    It wasn’t....but no matter what Trump says, folks on the Left will bitch.
    The way to look at it now, if the Left hates it, then it’s good for the United States.

15. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Yes, you are 100% spot on. Anyone who has listened to Trump ought to know by now that he uses this hyperbolic line purely as a compliment. When the boss calls you a killer in the cutthroat, dog-eat-dog business world it's considered a badge of honor one "efficient" in negotiating wears proudly. I am not surprised he's still being misinterpreted but knowing Trump's history you'd think people would have a friggin' clue by nowwww. Sheesh, there are either some duuuuummmmb people out there or they're just following the script.

16. fssca51

fssca51 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Trump has shown that he is not Anti-Semetic. He is not given to being tactful in speech at times. That's the worst you can fault him for.

Troyhorn1 and Troianus Acies like this.
  17. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Very good thread..Well discussed. Thanks for sharing.

18. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019

Tactful? The last thing Trump needs to be is PC and that’s refreshing isn’t it?
    I personally am sick and tired of ass kissers.
    Trump is exactly what this country needs to twist and explode every leftist asshole head.
    I think it’s hilarious.

fssca51 and Troianus Acies like this.