Trump trashes Sessions again

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by aimeedee, May 23, 2020.

1. Trump trashes Sessions again
    aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

May 23, 2020
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-rips-jeff-sessions-backs-his-senate-runoff-opponent-he-let-our-country-down

Jeff Sessions was the first Senator to endorse Trump. He gave up his Senate seat to serve the president as his Attorney General. And, simply because he was doing his job as defined by the constitution, Trump has repeatedly lashed out, belittled and attacked the man. And now, even as he has an AG in place who will run interference and do his bidding, Trump's petty vindictiveness continues.

"Everything Trump touches dies." The man's entire life is an exercise in using people and then dumping them on the side of the road. People are simply objects or tools to serve his purposes. And when they are no longer useful or no longer please him they are simply discarded. It doesn't matter how devoted or loyal they were. It doesn't matter what they may have sacrificed for him. Loyalty is a one-way street for him.

He even brags about how he uses people. Of all the traits that are repulsive in this man, and there are many, this one is the worst. It is mind-boggling to me that anyone could look up to him as a man to be admired.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    ConquerorSC likes this.

2. Linebacker II

Linebacker II Points Member

May 23, 2020
    Interesting to hear words of praise from you for Sessions, who proclaims, "I've battled liberals all my life."

3. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

May 23, 2020
    You understand that I'm not a liberal, right?

4. Linebacker II

May 23, 2020
    Your views are definitely to the left of mine.

5. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

May 23, 2020
    I would suggest that is only because "the right" has been redefined to mean Trumpism. If you were on the boards prior to the Trump phenomenon, I think you would have been in agreement with me on most every issue. The only issues where I think I part company with "traditional" conservatism is on capital punishment and killing/shooting for anything other than defense of human life. I am prolife from conception to natural death. My views on LGBTQ issues have always been libertarian and fairly consistent -- even after my daughter came out. I still support the rights of business owners to run their businesses as they see fit -- not bake the wedding cake or photograph the event, etc. And I support the rights of churches to define marriage as they believe them to be. Though I am more skeptical of motives, now, behind many conservative positions.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  6. fssca51

fssca51 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    May 23, 2020
    Aimeedee, check you PMs.

aimeedee likes this.
  7. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

May 23, 2020
    Thanks for sharing. Now that Amash isn't running, I wish Cuban would run as a third party candidate. But it seems he is being pragmatic. And he is exactly right about Trump. His inability to surround himself with anyone but yes-men has become dangerous. It was a nice exchange. I haven't been able to watch Hannity for years. But that was the gracious guy I remember.

8. Linebacker II

May 23, 2020
    So I take it you're pro-life.

9. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

May 23, 2020
    Oh course. Did you not read the sentence that followed?

10. Linebacker II

May 23, 2020
    Erratum--I overlooked that.

11. Linebacker II

May 23, 2020
    Anyway, here's the president's tweet:
    “Jeff, you had your chance & you blew it. Recused yourself ON DAY ONE (you never told me of a problem), and ran for the hills. You had no courage, & ruined many lives.

The dirty cops, & others, got caught by better & stronger people than you. Hopefully this slime will pay a big price. You should drop out of the race & pray that super liberal @DougJones, a weak & pathetic puppet for Crazy Nancy Pelosi & Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, gets beaten badly. He voted for impeachment based on “ZERO”. Disgraced Alabama. Coach @TTuberville will be a GREAT Senator!”
    Trump

12. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

May 23, 2020
    Yes, that is one of many attacks Trump has made on the former AG, who was among his earliest supporters and who gave up his Senate seat to serve the president. What a class act that president is!

13. Linebacker II

May 23, 2020
    Sessions supported him but let him down when push came to shove. Too bad Trump couldn't have foreseen that Sessions would be such a squish.

14. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

May 23, 2020
    Too bad a "conservative" doesn't understand that it is not within the AG's purview to "let down" his president, because it is not his job to protect the president in the first place. His loyalty is to the constitution --- not to Dear Leader. It is astonishing to watch the way so-called conservatives no longer give a damn about the constitution and the rule of law.

And even if you think Sessions "let him down" by having the temerity to do his job, that is no way to treat anyone -- let alone someone who helped him get elected. Moreover, this is a pattern with Trump throughout his life. Everyone from the "piece of ass" on his arm to the Attorney General of the United States is an expendable object to be discarded the moment it no longer pleases Dear Leader.

15. Linebacker II

May 24, 2020
    Sessions let down the whole country by stepping aside and allowing the Mueller witch hunt to take place. His recusal was not required by law, as he claimed. His attack on President Trump the other day is just about the most courageous thing he's done.

And why aren't Hillary Clinton, Lois Lerner, Lisa Page, Peter Strzok and James Comey sitting in the slammer? Why were Democrats awarded get-out-of-jail-free cards by Sessions and why does this continue to happen under his successor Bagpiper Bill?

16. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

May 24, 2020
    Once again, you seem to have a basic lack in understanding of the role of the AG. He is NOT Trump's personal lawyer. He is NOT Trump's "Roy Cohn." The AG's job to enforce the laws on behalf of the American people. It was not a "witch hunt," no matter how you Trump groupies want to spin it. And the response by Sessions to Trump's tweet was a veiled reminder to the president that, had he done what Trump wanted, Trump would have been guilty of obstruction of justice. (Not that the GOP senators give a damn.) But it was Sessions, and others around him who refused to do his bidding, that saved Trump from himself. As Trump continues to purge the advisers who have the audacity to tell him "no," he will become more dangerous.

As far as Hillary goes, that sounds like another broken promise from Trump, huh? Once again, if he understood how the constitution works he wouldn't have made that promise. So now you think Bill Barr -- the guy who was handpicked by Trump to run interference for Trump when Sessions would not -- is part of the the deep state conspiracy, too? You guys are too much!

17. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

May 24, 2020
    Trump has insulted so many people, you wonder how much support he will get in the election.

18. Linebacker II

May 24, 2020
    Yes, one must wonder how much support he will get.
    [​IMG]

aimeedee likes this.
  19. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

May 24, 2020
    Have you not been paying attention? His base of support will be as strong as ever. If this board is any indication, the majority of his supporters don't support him in spite of his insults. The support him because of his insults.