Trojans Impress in Exhibition Win (from Rich Ruben)

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by ErikMcKinney, Oct 19, 2019.

2. MU5CLE

MU5CLE Junior Member

Oct 19, 2019
    Very good recap of the game @Rich Ruben Ethan Anderson is a huge addition to the team. When Elijah Weaver comes out, there will be no drop off in talent. He is a different player than Elijah but he pushes the ball, finds the right man and is pretty athletic.

With three big men in the starting lineup, SC will be a tough team to beat. I wasn't sure about the freshmen bigs physicality but Onyeka played very well against a Big East team. I am getting very excited about this SC bball team.

Fight On!

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  3. Yale

Yale Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Oct 20, 2019
    Nice start vs an ncaa powerhouse...if the injury jinx goes away, and sc admin actually tries to be pro sc for once...Andy may have a chance to coach a winner

4. Carlsport

Carlsport Junior Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Great win and a nice turnout (thanks to Nova fans, but the student section was solid). As for Big O - for a comparison, at least offensively, he played like Antwan Jamison, with his odd angled, twisting, soft touch shot around the rim. Certainly not a Jamison comparison on the D end, where he looked like Alonzo Mourning. He's gonna have a great season!

uscmike5524 likes this.
  5. uscmike5524

uscmike5524 Junior Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Big O was ridiculously impressive!

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  6. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Having a president who once cut down the nets for a basketball blue blood helps (ignore the fact that President Folt is holding the scissors rather dangerously)

[​IMG]

Rodgarnay51, Carlsport and HBsc like this.
  7. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Oct 22, 2019
    It is a year to follow the basketball team
    It is building up

8. Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Oct 23, 2019
    The theme for most posters on this board in the past year was FIRE CAE! As I've been replying to these threads is give him more time. I'm glad we did because I'm excited about the future. There are about 5 teams that can say they are a top 10 team and about 30 that can say they potentially are. We are potentially are. I hope this is the year to win a couple of tourney games.

9. Carlsport

Carlsport Junior Member

Oct 23, 2019
    With the talent this year and next (likely), anything short of an appearance in NCAA is a total failure this year and a Sweet 16 finish should be minimum next year. I'm not a huge fan of CAE, but do think he has done a relatively good job with the hands he has been dealt (transfers, D-Melton issue and injuries). But there is enough talent and depth this year that its time to see results in March.

Here's hoping SC, along with the rest of the PAC-12 (except maybe UCLA) can get off to a good out of conference start so that PAC-12 can get more than 2-3 teams in the dance.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  10. bell

bell Points Member

Oct 24, 2019
    DON'T THINK THEY'VE GONE AWAY

They are just lying low. Give them a bad loss, a losing streak or a disgruntled player and they'll be out again.