Trash Talking, Groin Stomping, & That Ridiculous Pregame Huddle

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TrojanManDan132, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Trash Talking, Groin Stomping, & That Ridiculous Pregame Huddle
    TrojanManDan132

TrojanManDan132 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Coach Helton needs to shut down the trash talkers for good, although Bama may have done a good job of that already. Jabari should have been suspended for at least a full game, if not a few, That pregame huddle before taking the field was a joke. It's great to get fired up and support your teammates, etc, but I saw a lot of ridiculous behavior all game long. It's time to clean it up Clay. I'm very disappointed that Ruffin didn't get a longer suspension. The team needed a strong message & it wasn't sent or received. A half game is a slap on the wrist. The game was bad enough, but the antics were an embarrassment & need to be shut down permanently.

2. trojnfn

trojnfn Junior Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Kick Ruffin off the team. That would really be sending a message. I think it was only 10-3 or 14-3 at that point but the penalty turned things around and it went downhill.

3. Conquestluvr

Conquestluvr Junior Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Two game suspension minimum. And Helton better be straight and honest about having the team come out of the tunnel like mature players.

I was embarrassed for the team by those spider or monkey walks, or whatever the hell it was supposed to be.

4. yah20002

yah20002 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Too harsh to kick him off the team. One game suspension would be about right. The trash talking is unacceptable....especially when you don't back it up.

5. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Sep 6, 2016
    I'd love to see the team come out onto the field in some kind of formation with a seriousness in their step. None of this rah rah BS that makes them all look like idiots. That stupid monkey dance they were doing is getting as much coverage and comments as their poor performance on the field. The coaches should outlaw trash talking and use the opposing teams trash talking for motivation. Act like a pro. be leaders on the field. Act like you own the field through your execution of your play. Act like it's routine and not be braggadocios.....

6. ClovisTroy

ClovisTroy Junior Member

Sep 6, 2016
    I went to work today (teacher) and my Stanford buddy (his brother played ball under Harbaugh) said to me, What's up with the Duran Duran Hungry Like the Wolf pregame entrance?

Incredulous, I watched the classic 80's video hit. He was right. (Watch for yourself and see how easy it is to picture an SC lid on those two gyrating bodies at the end of it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOg5VxrRTi0

As he smiled I just sat there and took a Jabari Ruffin love tap for the team.

We're all suffering here.

Beat the Aggies.

7. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Sep 6, 2016
    I kinda like '' Groin Stompers'' as the moniker for my next beer league team.

8. GarryP

GarryP Publisher

Staff Member
    Sep 6, 2016
    Former USC linebacker Lamont Hollinquest on Facebook:

Lamont Hollinquest Before the game these chumps acting like they were dogs on the chain, ready to get off. And as soon as they were off the chain, they ran under the porch!