Totally ON Topic: Best Super Bowl Commerical

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by PickSicx, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Totally ON Topic: Best Super Bowl Commerical
    PickSicx

PickSicx Junior Member

Feb 3, 2019
    Overall, the roster of commercials this year was just about as boring as the first three quarters of the football game.

I'd have to go with the Bud Light commercial about the misplaced barrel of corn syrup as the best commercial of the day.

After that, maybe the one for Stella Artois with the Dude and the Most Interesting Man in the World, along with what's her name/Sex in the City person.

Beyond that, it was too sincere and too earnest for much of the day. And who gives a crap if a beer is brewed by wind power? There were a couple of commercials like that --- like why would I care about that extraneous fact?

What is clear is the Madison Ave. will not go anywhere near hot women any more -- they're afraid of showing anything that might be remotely considered offensive to some demographic out there.

2. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Feb 3, 2019
    So many robots in those commercials. I guess it’s cheaper than paying actors

jpq21 likes this.
  3. ImanMarshallLOCK

ImanMarshallLOCK Banned

Feb 3, 2019
    I rather enjoyed the ones that showcased that white men are complete leeches in global society.

4. dennisjr85

dennisjr85 Junior Member

Feb 3, 2019
    Hands down, The best commercial was the one with all the ex and current nfl players fighting over a fumbled ball..

5. jpq21

jpq21 Junior Member

Feb 4, 2019
    *CGI robots no less. It would have been cool if there were actually real robots in there, but they couldn't be bothered with that, so you get these obviously fake things.

6. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Sorry to bust your bubble folks, but the clear winner was the one with special needs kids in it

7. SC200SC

SC200SC Junior Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Included the "immaculate reception" with Franco Harris. That was pretty funny.

8. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Feb 4, 2019
    I was okay with any commercial that didn't preach or walk the PC tightrope.

...I guess that makes none of them okay from the ones I saw

9. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Does any commercial make me want to drink Bud Light? Is their marketing working? It must be...somewhere in the US. I'd rather Bud use corn syrup, if it makes their beer more drinkable.

"The Dude"...drinking Stella? Yeah right! A money-grab, I get it...but seems inconsistent. The Dude was into White Russians (not the kind that pee on you in hotel rooms).

And what's with rival companies trying to snatch old spokespeople in an attempt to show what exactly? "You wouldn't pay him/her, and now he's making commercials for us"...meaning what? (former Verizon "Can you hear me now" guy now making ads for Sprint or whatever and former "Most Interesting Man" pitching for Stella). I'll wait for Flo to make commercials for Allstate.

GoDaddy, Carl's Jr., did either make you want to use their products anyway? I just think the old Ad addage of "Get eyeballs at any cost" is bygone. Too many choices out there for every product, simply prancing a hot girl out there is not gonna cut it.

Case in point...that stupid halftime show with Levin stripping down...WEAK! His voice sucked and I barely enjoy the actual songs with recorded sound. That was painful, and I don't think taking off his shirt changed too many minds (I could be wrong).

#IdRatherListenToColdPlay (Not really, well maybe)
    #NickelbackFor2020SB

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Cyrus likes this.