Time To Unite And Move Forward

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by conquest4ever81, Dec 4, 2019.

1. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    There is so much wrong with the statement above it's hard to know where to begin, but I'll give this a try

1. UM wasn't and isn't the only available option. Where in the f did you get this idea? There are/were at least a half dozen coaches available and maybe 100 others more qualified than Helton.

2. You're comparing USC's final three game schedule to Alabama's, calling them equal, and then saying because USC won more than 'Bama that USC is in a better state? Please stop sniffing glue amigo, your logic doesn't work.

3. TRUE Trojans want the BEST for the players and get upset and speak up when the players are treated unfairly and lied to which is exactly what is happening and which is exactly why the situation should have been rectified and it wasn't. No one stands blindly by and lets adults hurt young adults without trying to do something.

4. Helton has CLEARLY demonstrated he's NOT a championship coach, he's just an average coach at best. He doesn't make halftime adjustments, his players don't improve and most damning he's not self aware enough to realize the true state of the program.

I'm totally calm, but its worse than that. With this latest move, I simply don't care any longer about the program or whatever happens, anymore than I care about the results of Australian cricket as long as Helton is the coach. It's just another organization begging for my attention and dollars at this stage. Have fun in the coming years rooting for a organization that is disinterested in winning.

2. JImmytheGreek

JImmytheGreek Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Same thing Custer said.

3. TrojanCampaign

TrojanCampaign Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Fuck you troll.

I guess this is early Christmas though huh?

uscvball likes this.
  4. Dinky Dunstan

Dinky Dunstan Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    This one sentence IMO shows you have no clue what you are talking about. It’s not about replacing him, it’s about REMOVING HIM.

Removing CCH is needed because his methods and his philosophy have damaged this program immeasurably. By completely altering the culture about contact in practice, neglecting the running game and showing no regard for discipline or fundamentals, he has shown his leadership is the absolute opposite of FIGHT ON!

5. Esthersar

Esthersar Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    I disagree with that part wholeheartedly. Del Rio, a defense-minded coach who can recruit, would have been not only a good option as well but just what is needed, in my lay opinion.

6. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    OP, I'm not going to call you a name--I'm going to assume you're serious, though the repetitive nature of your posts makes me wonder if you just enjoy antagonizing this mob. But here's my response to you:
    Any leader needs a modicum of credibility to succeed. Whether deserved or not, Clay Helton has none. The perception, which is in truth reality, is that he's a mediocre coach. That's the sad truth for those who matter to his success: recruits, local HS coaches, CFB media, and many alumni/fans. He's lost them. The arguing phase of whether that assessment is accurate or not is over. He cannot lead effectively with that tagline. For that reason alone he should have been dismissed. I like him but he's lost his command.

GoSC1 likes this.
  7. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Welcome to my Ignore lounge. Relax, grab a drink, and share your mindless drivel with the collection of bRuin and Duck trolls assembled here.

8. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    THIS - in one fell swoop, Bohn killed his credibility as well.

9. Hockey10

Hockey10 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    He's a TROLL. He's gloating. Don't feed him.

10. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

23 Blast on 3rd and 7 Points Member

Dec 5, 2019

Spot-on across the board