Time to stop.

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by SC200SC, Dec 4, 2019.

1. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    The fact that you simply cannot get it reveals all. You should have stopped at 'sorry for your loss'.

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Giving up tickets has nothing to do with wanting to discuss the issue or maintaining loyalty to the WeAreSC community.

Perception is reality. Yours isn't superior to anyone else's. When you try to tell others what to do, this is the response one might expect.

The handling of the football program and the handling of the academic side share a dearth of leadership. Nobody accused Clay of sexually assaulting students. Still doesn't make him a "nice guy" to put Slovis on stage after the Oregon game or brown-nosing Bohn with a game ball.

Wrong. I shared many a conversation with him, laughing, over some of the posts and emotion often shown on this board over the years. He wasn't shy with a profane comment in private.

"We"? You mean when you disappeared and another board became your go-to? Your multiple invitations-to-leave were brought on by in ill-timed and completely thoughtless thread. It's not your place to tell anyone to "stop". If people want to express their anger, sadness, depression, for awhile, this is the place. It's where Trojans gather over their love of the program.

3. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    My god, you are dense, because you poked fun at my grief

4. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    I agree. Arledge wrote a piece earlier this season about how the love of Trojan football, memories, and family members often gets intertwined. My dad has been gone for over a decade now but there is an extra layer of sadness for me in all this because our love of USC, USC football, and our USC memories together are so much a part of who I am and I know he would be very sad and disappointed too.

Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law.

5. KBfan24

KBfan24 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    You need to leave because you're not a USC fan. You're a Bruin troll.

6. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Not a ruin, but a holier than thou type whom does not own a mirror that reflects back.

Tamatoa916, gubo&palanka and KBfan24 like this.
  7. SC200SC

SC200SC Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Actually, Veebs you are the "Lecturer in Chief" around here with your parsing quotes and responses. You tell people around here what to do all the time, and in this case this is not a perception but a fact.
    As for my perceptions not being superior, I agree. As for the profane and constant ridicule of Clay Helton, and those of us that post any support whatsoever, well the attitudes and such responses are clearly inferior in method and content.
    Also speaking of perceptions, you do not hold any such corner on any friendship market relating to WeAreSC. Nevertheless, it seems like you wish for the Board to adhere to such a perception.

aimeedee and ConquerorSC like this.
  8. Esthersar

Esthersar Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    I'm guessing you were never a USC fan.

aimeedee likes this.
  9. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Dec 5, 2019
    Actually I am an alum with multiple degrees. Thank you very much. Same thing I said to aimmee shall apply to you. Not gonna roll around in the mud with you on this.

10. Esthersar

Esthersar Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Who's rolling around in the mud? Why do you think Folt and Bohn were hired?

Only people from OTHER schools think USC is more unethical than their own. That's why I guessed, and still guess, that you're not a USC alum.

aimeedee likes this.
  11. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Right. That's my style to break things down by quote. Not my issue if you don't like it.
    Please provide a link where I've started a thread telling people what to do. I welcome free speech. At the same time, I will still say what I think about it. BTW, free speech doesn't include you using my first name on what is meant to be an anonymous message board.

Disagree.
    Never said I did. The fact is, Garry could be very salty and wasn't above F-bombs and he wasn't embarrassed about the colorful comments that have always been here. Nevertheless, you left this board for a few years for greener pastures. I didn't. Neither did a lot of other people. I don't care about any perception strangers here may have. The ones I know, know me. You don't know me so stop acting like you do. See how that works?

But let's get back to the topic at hand.....your thread here. If you can't tell by the reaction that it was ill-timed and out of place, that's a "you" problem.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  12. Who's High Pitch?

Who's High Pitch? Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Right. It's like telling a person whose loved one is injured or killed by a drunk driver not to be mad at the drunk driver.

13. johnbaker028

johnbaker028 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    My dad took me to the Coliseum for a USC game in around 1953. What a wonderful day in the best stadium in the USA and I do not recall whether USC won but I sure became a fan. I did not attend USC - If I had applied they would have rejected me- and I have never had season tickets but I have enjoyed many a USC game with some of the best games when I took my son, who is now 52. I have probably seen USC lose more games than they won over time but that does not stop me from being a huge fan. What is wrong with you people? I lived through the 8 game loss to UCLA and the 10? game loss to ND. This is what happens in football. I was still a fan. I think that Clay Helton will be a great USC coach. His last recruiting class was much better than expected and if he can fix the defense and retain GH as OC we will be very good indeed in 2020. You people are a bunch of frontrunners who pretend to be very knowledgeable about football but seem to be the type who does very well at fantasy football but not the with any real idea of what happens on the floor on the Coliseum. Fight ON! Or as the radio people said in those days of old, "USC will move left to right acrsss your radio dial".

14. Boselli

Boselli Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Do I want to start what? is it a game? I like games. Especially chain yanking ego burning games.
    Now for the reading comprehension part:
    1) you have avoided my posts you say. Ohhhhh lordy, that is a tough one to answer since you are not avoiding this one and yet you think you are?
    2) I was responding to someone else so I still have not responded to your posts until now. Perhaps you and Keeno are too easily rankled? You should practice keen self control to avoid this in the future. Don't respond so obliviously to being indirectly teased.

neener nenner neener

15. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Is it happy hour already?

TheRealAirbns likes this.
  16. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Post more! A needed perspective...

gubo&palanka and TrojanHorse like this.
  17. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    So allegedly protecting rapists wasn't enough for you to be done with USC, but retaining an 8-4 coach is? Got it!