Tidbits from Clay Helton media call (Arizona State)

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Nov 10, 2019 at 6:27 PM.

2. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:31 PM
    I stopped listening to him a month ago on account of the nausea he causes me. Is anyone seriously listening to him anymore aside from those whose job requires them to listen?

The only thing I want to hear from Helton is him tendering his resignation.

3. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:40 PM
    he's a piece of work

that's about to get sold

Cardinal&Gold and TrojanEddie like this.
  4. TrojanFireHorse12

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:51 PM
    He's testing his excuse's to Bohn to keep his job.

5. ShePrefersTrojans

ShePrefersTrojans Active Member

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:26 PM
    Can we just get rid of Clay. I can’t stand to read , listen , or watch this guy anymore.

The program needs a fresh start. #HireMeyer

Cardinal&Gold likes this.
  6. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:40 PM
    Stopped listening to him after the Stanford game in 2018. Got tired of the same old cliches and excuses... i have refused to listen to him since then...Saved me a lot of headaches.

7. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:41 PM
    Still learning on the job,lol

TrojanFireHorse12 likes this.
  8. [Ph]ight On

[Ph]ight On Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:43 PM
    With this right here, we know he is flat out delusional...

Helton has “never been more proud of a staff” and this is “one of the better jobs [he’s] seen of assistant coaches.”

OC2SC and TrojanFireHorse12 like this.
  9. TrojanFireHorse12

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:55 PM
    He's been nowhere else, is he high? as well as delusional. Got to be doing some strong stuff to believe your own bs. And then voice it publically.

10. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019 at 10:31 PM
    Precisely. I’ve been waiting for him to trot out the injury refrain. Took, what, three days since his boss was hired? Mr. Subtle has now gone on record with his reasons for why he shouldn’t be sh*t-canned:

1) Hey, we fought on...to victory!

2) So many injuries, thank God we chose to, you know, coach ALL the players in case the backups were needed.

3) My ass’t coaches and I demonstrated situational mastery in making adjustments on the fly as players went down.

He’s trying to build his case as to why Bohn should keep him. Hey Clay, how close are we to playing for all those national championships you promised??

11. TrojanFireHorse12

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:02 AM
    Ditto

Bohn's, really going to have to prove himself to be a man of his word, after his introduction and turn his principles/vision into action. Because he can’t say that he loves the USC motto of “To Victory” and state that National Championships are the standard, then talk about being the best in recruiting.

Only to follow that up with no action, leaving people with empty, platitudes behind a podium.

He needs to see beyond Mr. Fight’s ass-kissary, that’s going to be launched upon him. He needs to talk to past coaches, fans, alumni, past/current parents, NFL scouts, and sticking to the bare facts. Don't fall for the tales of him, improving the team. When in reality after assuring people that things were changing or that the team will get tougher or that he will be more hands-on with discipline, punishment, and penalties. Then for none of it to happen in any practical form outside a few games.

Even after everything blew up in his face in 2018.

Nothing he says should really matter. He can’t even be honest about his staff’s mistakes/failures, let alone follow through with his own promises to better the team, instead, it’s all reward before accomplishments.

(it's all games and ice cream)

Bottom-line the trend of USC football is going downward, the ranking/non-ranking shows it, even a win brings doubt or apathy, USC’s not even producing elite NFL talent as it should. No sane AD with experience would keep that sort of weight on their shoulders at a new school.

So Bohn really needs to ignore the out of context “success” that Mr. Fight will present. And cut him short of begging, before telling him to resign.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 12:23 AM
  12. ATR32

ATR32 Junior Member

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:28 AM
    We were a dropped pass by one of their TEs who was wide open in the seam - which would have gone for a TD or very close to the goal line, with about 20-25 seconds left - from losing that game. This is after we had built a huge lead after the first quarter, where we had completely blown their doors off. And their QB was making his first ever college start. More of a pocket-passer, no less - the type of QB our defense can "normally" handle.

But Clay was super proud of his staff and how it adjusted to the myriad injuries sustained prior to and during the game, to withstand the furious comeback by a mediocre ASU team.

Clay's pressers are sickeningly sweet. Tough to digest at this point (make that impossible to digest)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 5:51 AM
    dbw021 likes this.
  13. TommyT

TommyT Junior Member

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:40 AM
    My last day will be???

14. TKnight

TKnight Junior Member

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:40 AM
    Helton = inside a Bubble

15. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:55 PM
    I stopped buying tickets after opening day 2 years ago against UNLV. I saw JT Daniels struggle for a half walked out early and have not gone to a game since. I knew right there Clay Helton could make a 5 Star QB look bad.

Clay is a yes man. He can Kiss @ss with the best of them. I'll bet before the new AD even sat down in his new office chair. Clay wiped it for him.

You just know he was going to go into a press conference and make it a point to mention how well the meeting went with the New President and AD.

It's a pathetic display of manhood. If I was me I would say hey listen I tried. If you want to fire me, fire me but you're paying me what you own me.

Have some dignity Clay. Reach down between your legs and those things you feel are called Balls. Use them. Don't beg to keep your job or go on TV and try and convince us you need more time. You had 4 years. Time is up. Clock out and go home

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 3:20 PM