These USC freshmen...

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by Ride Fly, Nov 5, 2019.

1. These USC freshmen...
    Ride Fly

Ride Fly Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    are the best group of freshmen BB players that I can remember in a looooooong time! OO, I-Mobe, and A-polo are gonna be studs for us. The FR guards have a lot of potential too. The most likely 4th FR to possibly make a SC version of the Fab 4 is Drake London, but unfortunately we can’t see him play on the hard court for awhile.

At least I can say I’m excited for the SC Bb team, unlike our football team with Helton at the helm.

Fight On!

2. Eltrojano

Eltrojano Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I think you confused Apolo with Anderson. Anderson was the starting point guard.

3. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Rak and Mathews will see their minutes cut significantly compared to last season. OBannon won't sniff the court this season. Weaver will be the only returning player who will be able to hang.

4. Ride Fly

Ride Fly Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I know Ethan Anderson is our PG, but I think A-polo is an outstanding player with a lot of potential. I like his game. If A-polo can slide over to shooting guard, and Drake London can play PG, these 4 could be our Fab 4. :)

5. Carlsport

Carlsport Junior Member

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:32 AM
    I like the thought, but think you underselling Anderson. Having watched Drake for the past 2 years play hoops, I don't think he can play PG at this level. But I do have high hopes for him if he ever actually touches the hardwood.

6. MU5CLE

MU5CLE Junior Member

Nov 8, 2019 at 3:08 PM
    SC bball needs veteran leadership. Rakocevic and Matthews have been in the system for 3 full seasons. Matthews will get his minutes, when his shot is falling, he helps space the floor. Now that SC has some ball handlers Jonah won't have to handle the ball much. Rakocevic, on the other hand, unless he stops constantly fouling his efforts will be severely limited. He is a strong rebounder. O'Bannon, due to injuries, hasn't been on the court at all his first two years. Let's not forget he was a McDonald's All American, 5* recruit out of Las Vegas. He will need time to get his flow back, but he needs to step up.

Exciting times for SC bball. And oh, btw, I didn't even mention one of the freshmen. Mainly, without this incoming class, there wouldn't be any excitement. They do need help learning the college game. They are not in high school anymore where they were the best players on the court period. Now the college competition is a huge step up. Sheesh, Isaiah Mobley took a whole half before he scored. I like Ethan Anderson's game, moves the ball around and will take it down the lane when it opens up.

On to the Portland game. More to be revealed.