These Dark Times Just Got a Little Darker. Al Kaline RIP

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by BlemBlam, Apr 7, 2020.

1. These Dark Times Just Got a Little Darker. Al Kaline RIP
    BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Apr 7, 2020
    My childhood slips further and further in my rear view mirror. One of the greatest players and greatest people in the history of the game has passed, at 85.
    He joined the Tigers, straight out of Baltimore’s Southern High School and never spent a day in the minors.

Too me, this was the true Golden age of baseball. Just look at an all star lineup from those days, lat 50’s to middle 70’s. My friends son was in the Tigers minor league system for about 8 years in the 80’s and used to interact with him every spring. He said he was maybe the kindest, most genuine person he met in his time in baseball. Just really loved the game. Loved to talk baseball with anyone who was interested.

RIP, to one of the All Time Greats

2. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

Apr 7, 2020
    Al Kaline always seemed to be a class act. He was old school and just played the game hard but with class and grace RIP.

3. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Apr 7, 2020
    That sucks.

Although looking on the bright side, that rookie card I have of him will be worth more. There's that.

4. Rainman44

Rainman44 Junior Member

Apr 7, 2020
    RIP Al Kaline!

A good friend of mine who had season tickets (and nice ones I might add) at the A's stadium told me that Al Kaline sat right behind him at one game. It said it remains a highlight of his time going to ballgames. How cool!

5. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Apr 8, 2020
    RIP AK, God keep you and your soul safe, as I know he will