The "UnOfficial" Week 12 Game Prediction Thread - UCLA

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TrojanHorse, Nov 17, 2019.

1. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Helton’s Last Stand ......41

Chip’s Cow Pies......35

That’ll make it 3 straight wins over inferior, crappy opponents.....be real, Bohn.

2. holt7153

holt7153 Junior Member

Nov 22, 2019
    41-27 Good Guys

3. woohit42

woohit42 Junior Member

Nov 23, 2019
    45 USC
    28. bRuins

4. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Fun game at home. Offense was really clicking, scoring twice in each quarter. Only 57 yards in total penalties Special teams and defense need some work.

Most participants predicted the USC win, but fewer predicted the high scoring, lopsided win that we saw.

The Official Game Prediction Winner of the Week Award goes to
    @RPBSC with a pick of 48-38 and a net differential of only 7 points. That’s a heck of a pick in this game.

The Extremely Coveted Most Wrong Title once again goes to
    @beeto sticking with a winning formula picked USC 2-0,
    Special mention goes to
    @USCHusbandUCLAWife who in his debut picked USC 10 - UCLA 52

We are in an interesting position now...for the first time we have ended a game and don’t know whether we have a season long winner or not. This because the P12 Championship is considered part of our season, but the bowl game is not. So, we will have to wait until next week (at least) to know, officially, who our winner is this season.

We will post the Season Long Prediction Czar standings after week 12 shortly.

5. TrojanHorse

Nov 25, 2019
    Have done the calculations for The Season Long Prediction Czar, but I'm wondering if we should hold off until next week to find out whether or not we will have another game.

That would be the longest virtual drum roll we've had in anticipation of the announcement of the winner. Or we could make the announcement now and then rip the trophy back out of the winner's hands if Utah were to somehow manage to lose next Saturday?

What does everyone think?

Either way, expect another rule change next time we have a bye the week before the championship game.

6. Carlsport

Carlsport Junior Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Suspense is killing me (though not nearly as much as the coaching decision suspense!)...

In all seriousness, thanks for doing this TrojanHorse - it is a welcome diversion in an uninspiring season.

7. User1234

User1234 Junior Member

Nov 29, 2019
    I know I lost my runner up spot after last week's horrible guess, so as far as I am concerned, you might as well just wait until after the Utah game even though there is an 95% chance of the Utah win.

8. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Nov 29, 2019
    My first USC-UCLA game since 1999. Impressions. Low energy crowd. I seem to remember a much larger Bruin contingent at these games. Even during lean times. Almost none in attendance. It was hot. As in two miles from the sun. Old Chip had the worst game plan in history. Not even trying to return a KO against us was inexplicable. Running an up tempo, passing game when his D clearly couldn't stop us was suicide. He played right into our strengths. Slovis is the real deal. He is the starter for the foreseeable future. The Coliseum seats are not very comfortable. Tight. Are they made of some recycled plastic? It felt like something made by Lego. LAX is a disaster. What happened to that place? It looked like the Germans won WWII and had bombed the place into oblivion.

9. TrojanHorse

Nov 29, 2019
    Funny. LAX seems to have been in a constant remodeling project since I started using it in the 80s.