The "UnOfficial" Week 12 Game Prediction Thread - UCLA

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TrojanHorse, Nov 17, 2019.

1. The "UnOfficial" Week 12 Game Prediction Thread - UCLA
    TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Nov 17, 2019
    We are down to our final week -- unless something crazy happens. UCLA had been surging, but looked less than stellar against Utah. Are they saving something in reserve for the Trojans?

Post your best prediction of the final score for this game
    . We will announce winners after the game.

To see last week’s winners, click here and scroll down:
    https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-unofficial-week-11-game-prediction-thread-cal.64996/page-4

The Basic Rules of tabulation this week will be as follows:
    *We will track predicted scores (one guess per person) and come up with a winner by 'least cumulative variance.' That is, the real variance of each team's guess added together.
    *If two people have given the same score, then the first one that gave the score is the winner. Other than that, there could be co-champions. if two people have given different scores, but have the same cumulative variance.
    *Edits to posted scores will be allowed until game time.
    *If the least cumulative variance happens to pick the wrong winner, they will be awarded "Closest to the Pin,' but the overall winner must guess the winning team correctly.
    *A 'Most Wrong' Award will be given out for the guess with the largest cumulative variance.
    *No more guesses or changes after kickoff.

Please Observe The Following Honorary Rules:
    -The Cardinal & Gold Rule - Whole numbers only. Fractional numbers will be rounded up.
    -The NorCalSurfer Rule – No ‘Negative’ score predictions
    -The BigGuard Modification - If someone has two guesses in the same post, for humor or other purposes, the second (last) pick is the one that will be used to make it consistent... so try to be clear.
    -The Trojan Eternity Clarification – If a contestant inadvertently (or otherwise) makes more than one pick, the last pick will be the one used for the purposes of the competition. Technically, this would be the “last” pick.
    - The Lizard King Rule – In order to qualify for the honorary title of most wrong, guesses must be at least somewhat within reason. Nothing over 70 points scored for instance is probably reasonable for either team this week.
    -The Lizard King Clarification – If a player picks a score over the above stated maximum, they will not be considered for the Coveted Title of Most Wrong for that week. Players will get one mulligan per season on this clarification rule.
    -The Globe Rule – If more than one player has the same net differential, but at least one has picked the correct team to win...then no “Closest To The Pin” Trophy will be awarded that week.
    -The Golden Trojan Rule – Picks must be posted in the correct weekly pick thread. Otherwise they will not be picked up and counted toward the contest.

A Season Long Champion will also be crowned:
    -each week we will calculate the 'average' net points for any participant that has picks in at least 2/3 of the available games.
    -We will include all games through the regular season in this format. However, once any playoffs or post season games begin, you MUST play those games in order to continue on to become the season champion. It's sort of like the Fed Ex Cup.
    - Last year the Season Long Prediction Czar was @socallvr
    - This year in addition to year long bragging rights and the knowledge that you really are better than everyone else, Erik will also award a WeAreSC polo shirt to the winner.
    - It's a long season, don't give up. Have fun and thanks for playing

Remember, this thread is about having fun, expressing our honest opinions on how we think the team will do THIS WEEK, and maybe even learning a little from each other. We are not going to always agree with everyone on our predictions--but this is not the place for calling people out or derogatory comments. Otherwise you may get virtually flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Give us your prediction and tell us why you think it will happen. On any given week we could be very right or very, very wrong. That's sort of the nature of sports though isn't it? You win some...you lose some. You pick your self up, dust yourself off, and tomorrow is a new day.

Beat the Bruins!

2. ICEnEC

ICEnEC Points Member

Nov 17, 2019
    SC 40 ruins 34

3. Ladera Trojan

Ladera Trojan Junior Member

Nov 17, 2019
    SC 42
    Ruins 35

4. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Nov 17, 2019
    42- 20 USC

5. TrojanHorse

Nov 18, 2019
    I think we all know anything could happen. The last game for each of these two teams will not necessarily be representative of how they will show up this Saturday.

UCLA will certainly try some things, but I'm thinking we will actually out physical them. One can hope. Maybe Rector can lay the wood to DTR early in this game?

USC 34 UCLA 26

6. Globe

Globe Junior Member

Nov 18, 2019
    I’ve been pessimistic about this team all season so why stop now. Clancy lays another egg & DTR runs wild.

UCLA 34
    SC 31

7. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Nov 18, 2019
    I’m bummed I fell out of the top 25 this week. I did finish real high last season, like 3rd I believe?

Anyway, have to nail it this week.

USC 41
    UCLA 27

8. HBsc

HBsc Points Member

Nov 18, 2019
    38-13 USC

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Nov 18, 2019
    sC 31-21

10. FIGHTON!

FIGHTON! Junior Member

Nov 18, 2019
    USC 45
    Ruins 13
    Fight on! Beat the ruins! Fight on!

11. trjnfnz

trjnfnz Junior Member

Nov 19, 2019
    Troll

12. bigSCreen

bigSCreen Junior Member

Nov 19, 2019
    35-24 USC

13. ATR32

ATR32 Junior Member

Nov 19, 2019
    SC 44
    UCLAme 30

14. AnnenbergGrad

AnnenbergGrad Junior Member

Nov 19, 2019
    USC Trojans: 41

Chipsahoys: 31

15. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Nov 19, 2019
    I see a lot of penalties in this one. I'm taking the over on 10 penalties for USC That's for sure.

Trojans - 45

Would you like extra pepperoni on that pizza - 30

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  16. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Nov 19, 2019
    I believe Rector will be sitting the first half due to the targeting call in the Cal game?

Updated: Nevermind, I looked it up. Since he sat our the second half of the Cal game, he will be able to play the entire UCLA game

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  17. TrojanHorse

Nov 19, 2019
    He shouldn't be. That should only happen if the call had been made in the second half of the game.

USCTFL likes this.
  18. Poobah

Poobah Member

Nov 19, 2019
    USC 41
    UCLA 13

19. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Nov 19, 2019
    We are the better team and should win. But that was the case last year. Chip tries to run the ball and uses his mobile QB to give us fits and keep our offense off the field. I think our guys play with a little fire and blow that up but they will also give up a few big plays. Turnovers, penalties, special teams and dumb penalties give me pause on predicting a blowout but:

Mighty Trojans: 38
    UGLIANs: 24

TrojanHorse and Rodgarnay51 like this.