The Sky Is Not Falling

Discussion in 'Trojan Huddle' started by CP619, Oct 12, 2018.

1. The Sky Is Not Falling
    CP619

CP619 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    I just went outside and checked.

USC has a huge game Saturday night against a solid 5-0 Colorado team. With a victory, USC can take control of their destiny, possibly win the South, a chance to win the Pac-12, and who knows from there...Roses smell great on NYD. I can't friggin' wait. Beat the Buffs!

Make it a great Friday everyone, FTFO!

2. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Ahh, The Last Of The Sunshine Pumpers

Needs to be protected like a Blue Darting Warbler

( There is no such thing as a Blue Darting Warbler, but dammit, if there was, it would need protecting)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  3. 101Coast

101Coast Points Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Colorado isn't who we are worried about. Few fans think SC loses to them. It's the better teams they are compared to.

4. CP619

CP619 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    I think the saying goes...you can only play the team that is next on the schedule. I, for one, am very excited about this game tomorrow night. A victory and the Utah game the following week just gets that much bigger.

Langer's Deli, 2pm, holler if you see me.

5. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    I hear you, but I have to say this game will really say a lot about how the rest of the season goes. It could be the same all same all and then we know the season may be rough. But the coaches may have learned a few things and made changes and the rest of the season may be great. Having a bye week can make a big difference if a difference is possible. I'm with the OP and hope that we kick some buff butt!

in2nation, Pudly76 and CP619 like this.
  6. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Not only am I excited, I'm apprehensive as well.

7. 101Coast

101Coast Points Member

Oct 12, 2018
    At the beginning of the season I thought SC may end up with 2 loses regular season, with the potential of maybe losing only one, based on the schedule and talent.

I didn't see Texas or Notre Dame being this good.

I thought SC could have beaten Stanford, before, during, and after the game. Stanford was trying real hard to lose, in my opinion. There were stretches in that game where Stanford was playing like SC, where they just didn't look right. But, SC out tried them and lost. I'd still feel SC can win a rematch in the fashion of last years two games.

The sky may not be falling but it is thundering and lightning. The Doppler is showing a tornado 50 miles off the coast and people are embracing for a category 5 to hit soon, but fortunately, sometimes the clouds lift and the sun shines through.

Oldschoolrock likes this.
  8. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Based on schedule and talent you'd be right, of course. We have seen many games in the past couple years where it came down to the team who didn't want it least, as the winner. Like those double negative literary devices? That's what we are down to now as we look skyward in these turbulent days. We felt it with Cal last year and Wazzu both years where they didn't want it more.

In fact, think about when was the last time you really felt good about this program and our chances. I think only twice in recent years; up at UW and Stanford once did it for me. Sure there's a momentary euphoria when we get a Rose Bowl win or a Conference win, but when they are by 3 pts in the last minute of a game that could easily have gone either way, they don't make up for debacles in Jerry's House in Dallas, and it feels like 1990. Let's hope next year doesn't feel like 1991. If we don't prevail tomorrow, I will have to go find my sunshine pump GIF again, as that may be the only source of light.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  9. CP619

CP619 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    USC -6.5/7.0. Since Vegas is always right, you can put those apprehensive thoughts in the closet. We will see a great game by USC on Saturday night.

And like @J4SC75 said, I am hoping that the bye week is the reason for a USC blowout win, and that this game propels us to a great season.

USC can still finish 10-2. With that fact still being a possible reality, the sky is nowhere near falling.

"SUPPORT THE PLAYERS" - Nick Saban

in2nation and Pudly76 like this.
  10. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    I hope you took my remarks how they were intended
    Your post was a breath of fresh air, sir

But people expect me to be a smart ass

11. contracostatrojan

contracostatrojan Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Being positive and hoping for a win is not sunshine pumping. I prefer the optimistic view and be possibly disappointed, rather than the pessimistic view and then say I told you so. The former are better fans than the latter IMO. My only beef with the OP is our motto is not FTFO. Just a simple "Fight On" will suffice.

Pudly76, DaFireMedic and CP619 like this.
  12. RDTK

RDTK Points Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Let me just pop your balloon....USC is not winning the National Championship! Enjoy your spin....

oldtrojan93 and Cardinal&Gold like this.
  13. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    I'm done with the negative as well. Like it or not, it is what it is, so we either support the team,, cheer hard, and enjoy it, or not. THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
    I'm choosing to be pleasant and I am optimistic to a fault.

14. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    More than the final score (which can be gotten to by CO laying a turd & imploding or SC's talent deciding to shine), I care more about the difference in play, problems fixed, adjustments made and the look of a confident team. And even then, was it SC getting "up" for 1 game after a bye week, or will it be SC turning the corning and maintaining this consistency going forward (players that should be producing start producing)?

We've all seen UCLA teams back their way into the PAC12 South title, only to get exposed in the Conf Champ game. We've seen mediocre SC teams slime their way through the PAC, only to get exposed by ND/tOSU and the like. These results would be fine back in '10-'13, but not coming off of '16 Rose Bowl and the influx of talent...there has to be more gotten from this talent potential on the roster.

oldtrojan93 likes this.
  15. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    We will beat CU tomorrow and go 8-4 for regular season. Even though others disagree, I maintain USC is a very good finesse team--certainly good enough to win the P12 South.

Buffs are going down! You can take that to the bank and FIGHT ON!

16. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Did you watch the Arizona and UNLV game? Colorado can easily beat both of them. Teams like Colorado are the ones we shouldn’t lose to but Heltons team always plays down to the level of competition and that’s what worries most of the fans.

Merlin4SC and GoSC1 like this.
  17. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018

Only two practices in the second week of a bye week (one in pads and shorts) with all the same starters with the same ailments (wheres the strength, conditioning and practice at game speed)...I am truly worried as I see no changes for these as well as many other issues.

I am all in for the Trojans but am worried about a Buffalo ambush.

Fight On!

18. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    I'm just hoping that my wife and I do not break open our stress bag of Kettle Korn in the second quarter.......

19. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    agree, Huge game this weekend. Time for the fire Helton crowd to give it a rest.

CP619 likes this.
  20. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    I'm lowering my standards.
    I just hope we can have one game without a bunch of bad snaps (wounded ducks in flight) and if it does happen early. I hope Helton acts like a man in charge and make a switch. I'm just looking for establishing law and order.