The Rams

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by SC87, Jan 16, 2021.

1. The Rams
    SC87

SC87 Points Member

Jan 16, 2021
    What an embarrassment. The D didn't show up. Never laid a hand on Rodgers all day long. Goff can't throw a pass beyond five yards. Time to trade his arse for Watson. Soft and weak. Just like the PAC. Is it a California thing?

BESCFAN likes this.

2. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jan 16, 2021
    Never should have drafted that Kal QB.

BESCFAN and AMLTrojan like this.
  3. TrojanHorseshoe

TrojanHorseshoe Junior Member

Jan 16, 2021
    crybaby mcvay ain’t winning a thing w/ statue goff

4. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 16, 2021
    If the Rams come calling to poach Helton, Folt and the BOT will need to sweeten the pot to keep him. Clay finished with a better winning percentage.
    usc_trojans_football_home_event.jpg

5. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Jan 16, 2021
    Well, it worked out okay for the Packers, no?

Goff is just bad. Once you get any kind of pressure on him, he folds like a wet napkin. If the defense wasn't as good as it was this season, the Rams are a sub-.500 team.

BESCFAN, earlandnic and AMLTrojan like this.
  6. Troyview

Troyview Points Member

Jan 16, 2021
    Perfect landing spot for Clay is the current open OC opening at Tennessee.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  7. BESCFAN

BESCFAN Junior Member

Jan 16, 2021
    Goff just plain sucks...

8. IrightI

IrightI Junior Member

Jan 16, 2021
    Dude had surgery for a broken thumb on his throwing hand two weeks ago and then played in back to back playoff games ... give a little credit where it's due.

Our best defender had a bad rib injury and still played his heart out; just couldnt do enough.

Give credit to the packers. they made all the plays needed to win. executed on third down. did not turn the ball over.
    HAD A RUN GAME.

being a very long time rams fan, it's tough to say; but we lost to the better team.

9. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Jan 17, 2021
    Aaron Rodgers has the best O line of his career this year, and they handled the Rams line with ease. 188 yards rushing against a team that stuffed the Seahawks a week ago?

Did you see how Ramsey bit on the play action for that 58 yard TD? Rodgers with a rugged running game is gonna be real tough to beat.

BarNone and gubo&palanka like this.
  10. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Jan 17, 2021
    I am kinda known around these parts as a betting man. I think it is a safe bet( so safe Scotty might take it) that the Rams aren’t going to be approaching USC to poach Helton anytime soon, like till the day the sun burns out and becomes a black hole.

11. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Jan 17, 2021
    Goff played a decent game. He probably read all those rumors about getting traded to Houston. No one can be dumb enough to trade for him though. The Rams D stunk up the place. Rodgers looked like he was having fun. Never even touched by the #1 defense. He could have smoked a pipe and read War and Peace while standing in the pocket. He must be laughing his arse off at how soft they played. Typical Rams playoff choke on the road. That goes back about five decades. And I'm sure McVay will use the few picks they have not traded away to draft some more skill players instead of adding guys to the OL and LB. Repeat this cycle next year.

12. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

Jan 17, 2021
    It was 2 Cal QB's in the game LOL.
    If it's one thing Cal has over USC historically it's the NFL performance of their QB's. Just saying.....

13. Trojan Forever

Trojan Forever Points Member

Jan 17, 2021
    Now that is funny, although I know you meant it seriously.

14. RDTK

RDTK Points Member

Jan 17, 2021
    Rams timing on Goff was terrible. He and CW represent the last of the class before the RPO took over. Brutal contract doesnt help. RPO will be the thing for a while as its now the norm from HS to the NFL.

15. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 17, 2021
    It is interesting how one person can impact the game. That person was Aaron Donald. If you go back a week ago, he tormented Russell Wilson, forcing him to make bad throws. The one lone throw was a broken play to Metcalf. Without a healthy Donald, Rodgers had the time to pick apart the Rams secondary. With the passing game going it opened up GB’s running game.
    I don’t think Goff is going to be LA’s long term solution, but he did not play a bad game considering his injury. I also think Akers had a good game. I just think the defense struggled because there was no pressure on Rodgers. No healthy Donald no pressure. He is the dominant impact player for the Rams in my opinion!
    Fight On!

LDIABootney and Peete2Affholter like this.
  16. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Jan 17, 2021
    Yep, we give credit to Goff for playing two games with a thumb that is not fully healed, but I was surprised that Aaron Donald suited up at all. On that play where he got hurt against the Seahawks, you could see him immediately grab his side, in great pain. I thought immediately it was either a broken rib, or a torn abdominal muscle. Either way I figured he'd be out for the following week's game.

He played against Green Bay anyhow, but you could see he was clearly limited compared to what he usually does.

Green Bay played like you would expect a #1 seed, playing at home, to play. The Rams kept it sort of close, but you could just sense that the Rams never really were in danger of getting the lead on the Packers.

They really ought to dump Goff and make a play for either Darnold or Watson. Either of those two would be an upgrade.

17. mrsocal

mrsocal Points Member

Jan 17, 2021
    If you are truly a long time Rams fan, you should be used to playoff losses to teams from cold weather cities. My heart was broken several times by the Bud Grant's Vikings.

DADMoyock likes this.
  18. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 17, 2021
    I had the Packers -6.5....that was easy money.

flyfishintrojan likes this.