Texas players +

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Troy70, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Texas players +
    Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Two players tested + & will isolate. Another has antibodies. Workouts start Monday

2. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Junior Member

Jun 11, 2020
    How many players on various teams will take actions intended to intentionally get COVID 19 so they can get it over with and hopefully not sit out any time during the season? I suspect there are a lot of healthy young athletes out there who think they can get it with few or no adverse health impacts, and just want to be done with it. And, I suspect, that attitude is not limited to athletes.

3. SoAmericanTrojan

SoAmericanTrojan Junior Member

Jun 11, 2020
    you for real?

4. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Junior Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Yeah. People who think it's not going to kill them or even make them very sick are ready to go out. I've already heard regular people saying that they're ready to just get it and "get immune" so they don't have to worry about it any more.

Would you really be surprised if an athlete who wants to show the NFL/NBA/MLB some tape and stats, and believes the risk from COVID 19 is minimal except for people who are old or have underlying conditions, would be willing to ignore social distancing or mask-wearing, hoping to get it done so there's no interruption in their sports season? I would not.

5. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Sign me up! Me and my team are currently sharing mouth pieces...bring it on!