Temple @ USC game thread

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by norcalsurfer, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Not one negative CAE post this year. Everyone has a positive outlook. We lose one game and the posts are like all last year. I think it is a joke. I've never said CAE is a top tier coach, but let's put things in perspective. With all the things the FB program has (tradition, NC's, NFL players), when is the last time we hired a top tier FB coach? Replace him? No. It is one game and are not a top 10 team. This loss will be a good teaching lesson for a very young team.

2. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Nov 23, 2019
    the hires on the basketball and football program struggling. Seems like Haden didnt do due diligence.

Texas Tech has Chris Beard. Ohio St has Chris Holtman. Two schools you can make the case aren't basketball schools. Luckily Bohn will see through all of this. If Enfield doesn't win with Evan Mobley, he will peak and falter like Alford did with Lonzo.

3. Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Nov 23, 2019
    I agree that barring injuries, CAE needs to win a NCAA tourney game in the next 2 years. I hope Helton is fired asap (even though we just beat the bRuins)!

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  4. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Nov 23, 2019

No it’s not just losing one game, it’s a game that we need to win at home to make the NCAA Tournament.

We’ve been left out of the Tournament the last couple of years because we can’t beat a decent team outside of League.

You only get 3 or 4 chances to get these key wins, and we puke in the very first attempt, and at home!

Beat somebody already!

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  5. SCFan82

SCFan82 Member

Nov 23, 2019
    I’m not hating on Enfield, but I have been to every game at the Galen since before Enfield was hired. Looking at the crowds over the years, I’d say not many claim that. But the defensive lapses and poor zone defensive schemes that have plagued Enfield for the last 6 years, showed up again on Friday night. Think it might be time to realize that a change in philosophy might be warranted. Plus, the reason that we are always last in or first out come tournament time are these early games against decent competition. Temple was NOT good. So this should have been a decent win against a team with a fair reputation. So just like in seasons past, we are going to have to beat LSU, Maryland, or TCU to have a “signature” win.

By the way, the team can use some support, so I encourage ALL of you posting on this board to come out and watch them. They are a great group of kids!!

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  6. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I didn't see anyone say CAE needs to be replaced. When some of us see the same characteristics in his teams that lead to potentially important losses like this Temple game (time will tell), it seems fair to point that out.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  7. Carlsport

Carlsport Junior Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Enfield is the coach SC deserves. A good recruiter and average coach (at best). But when crowds look like the Galen on Friday night (maybe 3k), what other coach wants a gig like this? In fact, its stunning top players are willing to come play in front of these paltry crowds.

While Ohio State and Texas Tech may not be "basketball" schools, they have much higher attendance figures (avg 13k and 9k, respectively). And Ohio State has had a fair amount of long-term (national champs in 60's) and recent term success (final four in 2012). So expecting the same coaches is not realistic IMO.