T&F Announcing their Signees via Twitter

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by trackdude, Apr 16, 2018.

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Apr 17, 2018
    I don't mind the twitter announcing. Nice to see some 400/800 runners. I know colleges love international athletes but really.....there isn't some local talent at the 800 who could use that schollie?

3. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Don't know what to tell you vball, it's not like we're the only school to have foreign athletes.

4. Hb4sc

Hb4sc Junior Member

Apr 17, 2018
    If you look at the USC ALL-TIME track and field MARKS there are a number of foreigners who are included in there. Glad to see that the Trojans are branching out when some of the great athletes just happen to be in another country.

5. Hb4sc

Hb4sc Junior Member

Apr 18, 2018
    After seeing UCLA's signees with quality men added in the pole vault, the high jump, the half mile and the sprints the Bruins appear to have moved to the point where USC needs to add some good people in the next few months or fall behind the Bruins -at least on the men's side.

6. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Apr 18, 2018
    As I mentioned. And it's not just Track either.
    I know. I just happen to personally know some local kids with competitive marks compared to the recent signees and it is frustrating.
    I've been watching Sean Lee jump for 3 years. His ceiling just keeps going up. Great kid the ruins got.

7. mfortroy

mfortroy Junior Member

Apr 18, 2018
    I understand your concerns related to SC scholarships going to foreign athletes. However, I'm also of the mind that we have to go (especially with the limited numbers) where ever we can find national/world class student athletes. In the 800, we did sign two high caliber performers (who are local), while also signing Jemima Russell out of Australia, who has a 2:04 time, which is very strong for a prep. I definitely don't have a problem with it. I would love to see us getting more sprint talent out countries like Jamaica as well as performers out of Hungary, where SC has a great history of world class talent acquisition in both track and swimming.

8. einibobo

einibobo Junior Member

Apr 28, 2018
    I went to that twitter link and did not see anything with our recent signees. I wish there were more articles or news about signees to SC's other sports. This area lacks coverage.

9. einibobo

einibobo Junior Member

Apr 28, 2018
    What announcement? I did not find the announcements, tell me what I am doing wrong.

10. fansincearnett

fansincearnett Junior Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Go to the 'USC Trojans' official site. They have a lot of track info.

11. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018