Suggestion for staying a fan until changes are made

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by oc trojan, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Suggestion for staying a fan until changes are made
    oc trojan

oc trojan Junior Member

Jan 3, 2020
    i would love to get 1,000’s of fans to attend the home games next year and tailgate only and watch the games on tv’s outside not giving any money to the program in way of tickets or concessions. Hold up signs with messages to Folt and Bohn that we support the players but not them. Cheer loudly from outside the gates. Have bigger attendance outside than inside.

2. trojanworld

trojanworld Junior Member

Jan 3, 2020
    I am not even wasting my time driving to the game or watching the game at home. Until Helton is gone USC football will be a shit show.

If you don't agree with me, you will after the Alabama game.

AlbertoC, TKnight and ScMafia like this.
  3. 1stNGoalSC

1stNGoalSC Points Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Yep, can't even express how frustrated I am with the admin. Never seen anything like it. When Garrett was AD, he had no problem pulling the trigger. He bled cardinal and gold, even if all of his moves may not have been the best. The current admin doesn't understand SC football at all. And to not give a hoot about what EVERYONE is saying is the obvious thing to do? Well, I'm at a loss.

Esthersar likes this.
  4. CoronaTrojanFan

CoronaTrojanFan Junior Member

Jan 3, 2020
    While I share the disdain for the way the university folks managing the football program are proceeding, I think as fans we have to still support the players in this process. We still need to attend the games and support the players in their efforts to do the best they can given the circumstances that they have been presented with.

The players have acquitted themselves as true Trojans in attempting to give their best on the field and in the classroom and they deserve our support.

I'm sure as adults Trojan fans can come up with various ways to make the university management and athletic department understand our frustrations - but let's not take it out on the players themselves by providing for them something less than our full support on game days.

fssca51 and conquest4ever81 like this.
  5. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Since these bastards at the BOT(and Folt) don't care about the shitstorm that is our football program, please don't buy or renew tickets, join support groups, attend events, or even buy gear. Starve those Pricks of any money until they address the fact that Gomer Pyle will destroy our program if given enough time.

6. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Jan 3, 2020
    I’ll be disappointed if more than 40K fans show up for the New Mexico game.

ScMafia likes this.
  7. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    But tailgating is still tons of fun. If I lived within driving distance of campus, I'd be very tempted by the OP's suggestion.

8. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Jan 4, 2020
    Wish I could be there in person to support my team. Trojans fight on through adversity.

fssca51 likes this.
  9. Garfield28

Garfield28 Member

Jan 4, 2020
    Driving to the stadium, parking and spending 4 hours inside the stadium on a Saturday is a big commitment to a lot of people. We all get tremendous pleasure from stepping foot on campus and I look forward to that every time I go to the game. Unfortunately attending games in 2020 sends a message that Bohn, Folt and BOT could get away with this shit show because revenues will be in good shape. I would rather hurt the school for 1 year to get a change versus spend the next 3-4 years watch Helton enjoy the remainder of his contract, see us lead in penalties, weak special teams, weak line play and very average LB play. You could add non-existent running game. In short, I miss Pete Carroll days very much and could take a break from caring so much.

10. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    You sound like the parent of a drug addict who supplies the drugs to their kid so at least they can get high at home.
    You are an enabler.

11. tommytrojan1122

tommytrojan1122 Junior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    I think I am going to take up fishing until USC begins to take football seriously.

jiordone likes this.
  12. 87trojan

87trojan Points Member

Jan 4, 2020
    I won't attend any games, and will sit at home watching on TV at best. I don't blame folks one iota for basically not renewing their tickets, or buying individual game tickets to this crap show we are subjected to.

I do think a beat down by Bama and a 8PM start time for New Mexico might ensure attendance is down to 40,000. I did go to the Paul Hackett USC game versus Louisiana Tech. That had far less than 50,000 there. In fact by games end there couldn't have been more than 10,000 people in the stands.

I do think attendance will plummet next year as soon as we start the obligatory 2-3.
    If you need to take in football, go check out the Rams or Chargers in their new stadium.

trojanworld and Jay4usc like this.
  13. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Jan 4, 2020

Maybe we can beat UCLA home game attendance

D9655239-94DD-4237-9895-9052056ABD6D.png

14. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Flawed analogy. Our team is the "kid." "The kid" has no control over their coaches. You sound like the parent who would hurt his kids in a divorce, just to get back at his ex. Trojans are faithful.

15. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 5, 2020
    images (70).jpeg
    Winners never quit and quitters never win.

16. trojanworld

trojanworld Junior Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Agree with you 100%

17. Esthersar

Esthersar Points Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Another flawed analogy. Nobody's "taking it out on the kids." Most fans, no matter how much they want the team to do well, won't pay money to see a bad product on the field nor should they.

trojanworld and CrownoftheValley like this.
  18. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Well, therein lies the crux of the difference. I'm not a "fan." I'm a Trojan. I'm not here to be entertained. I'm here to support my alma mater, no matter what.

fssca51 likes this.