Submit Mailbag Questions

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Feb 19, 2020.

2. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

Feb 19, 2020
    What will it take to get the staff relationships with local high School coaches

gubo&palanka likes this.
  3. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Erik, do you have any detail on how Daniel I's rehab has come along? Now that he is back on the team, is he actually ready for practice at full speed in Spring, or is the plan to continue off-field conditioning with an eye toward being ready to go for Fall practice? It's been such a long road back for him, with some bouts of false optimism along the way.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  4. Burak Uslu

Burak Uslu Points Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Erik, We canceled the UC Davis. No FCS! The streak will continue. This is amazing news. I can't tell how happy I am. How is the optimism within the program right now? No FCS, new coaches, and Done Williams seem to hit the stride immediately.

Are students/athletes still with the coaches? It felt that the team quit when we played Oregon and Iowa, how is morale?

5. motovich

motovich Junior Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Who do you think ultimately replaces LT Austin Jackson and protects our QB's blindside?

6. SC ForLife

SC ForLife Junior Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Is SC going to try and scoop up the OT from Stanford in the transfer portal?

7. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Erik, I think most of us are stoked at how aggressive the coaches are being with all of these recent offers to top recruits. Now I am wondering if we have a large enough recruiting staff to build meaningful relationships with all of these athletes and their families. Do you think we have the recruiting support staff to accomplish this? If so, what changes to the support staff lead you to believe they can not only manage to be more effective when interacting with the athletes but also handle the additional volume of offers?

8. Touchdown for USC

Touchdown for USC Junior Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Erik,
    As the Pac-12 falls further behind other conferences on per-school broadcast revenues what will USC be more likely to do?:
    • Lead the charge to fire under-performing commissioner Larry Scott. Or,
    • Explorer joining another conference or going independent.

9. redeye

redeye Points Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Erik, What was the total contractual expense to USC athletics for scrubbing the UC Davis game then replaced by San Jose State?
    Also, How much is Alabama paying USC for the luxury of playing the opening game of next season?

10. MiketoBush61

MiketoBush61 Points Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Erik,

I know the "air raid," or, whatever you want to call it requires a lot of receivers, but, couldn't a player like McCoy be utilized more effectively as a safety? I mean, it's going to be Vaughns & Brown, London, and probably Ford as the top 4 and they can also use Jackson & Bryant...

11. TommyT

TommyT Junior Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Erik, what are the chances Orlando ignores Helton and has physical, hard hitting practices?

Would the offense respond in kind after taking a beating the first couple days?

Would Helton intervene and stop them?

12. scksig78

scksig78 Active Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Erik,
    What is the projected number of scholarships SC will have available for the 2021 class?
    Also, do you have an updated roster you can share? Everything I've seen is outdated.
    Thanks

13. Moose4usc

Moose4usc Junior Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Do you have any updates on Stanley Ta'ufo'ou? Is he going to be a contributor this year? I feel like we heard some good things about him last spring and hopefully he's ready to take the next step.

14. Rigged4fun

Rigged4fun Member

Feb 26, 2020
    From the defensive standpoint, I feel reasonably good about the experience on the line. The question remains with what many feel was SC's downfall on defense was the line backing corps and the d-backs. Can we expect an improvement this year?

15. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Erik, have any coaches who were fired/let go by USC in the past few months found new jobs, besides Nansen? Does this say anything about their desirability to other teams?